Bellator 207 main event produced a thrilling one-sided beating of Matt Mitrione by Ryan Bader in the heavyweight grand prix semifinal at the Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville as he advances to the finals of the Bellator Heavyweight World Grand Prix.
The fight in itself wasn’t entertaining, but that was utter dominance by Ryan Bader, who was fighting up a weight class. Bader put Mitrione on the ground at the beginning of the first round and stayed tight to the body and kept his hands locked and he kept the action back to the floor again and dominated the whole round landing big punches on Mitrione.
The second round was back on the ground and Bader dominated it again landing big punches on Matt and Bader then attempted Kimura lock where Mitrione almost tapped. The second round was a carbon copy of the first.
There was little action going into the third as Bader pinned Mitrione against the cage landing huge body punches and took the fight back to the floor, it was a total dominance by Ryan Bader as he comfortably won wide one-sided decision of 30-25, 30-24 and 30-25.
Ryan Bader will now face the winner of Chael Sonnen vs Fedor Emelianenko.
The co-main event produced huge fireworks as Sergei Kharitonov stopped Roy Nelson with strikes in the first round. Kharitonov was the much bigger man and he was landing huge uppercuts on Nelson as he cornered him against the cage and unloaded with heavy knees and uppercuts. Kharitonov scored another uppercut and then Kharitonov landed a brutal knee which stopped the fight.
The rest of the undercard results look like:
- Sergei Kharitonov def. Roy Nelson via knockout (knee) – Round 1, 4:59
- Lorenz Larkin def. Ion Pascu via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Corey Browning def. Kevin Ferguson Jr. via TKO (punches) – Round 2, 2:08
- Mandel Nallo def. Carrington Banks via knockout (knee) – Round 2, 0:07
- Vinicius de Jesus def. Tim Caron via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
- Janay Harding def. Sinead Kavanagh via TKO (doctor’s stoppage) – Round 1, 5:00
- Andre Fialho def. Javier Torres majority decision (28-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Sarah Click def. Kristi Lopez unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Mike Kimbel def. Alex Potts via knockout (punches) – Round 1, 0:06
- Alexandra Ballou def. Lisa Blaine via TKO (elbows) – Round 3, 3:28
- Pat Casey def. Kastriot Xhema via unanimous decision (30-26, 30-26, 30-26)