Wednesday, April 14, 2021

BKFC and ONE Championship not interested in signing Anderson Silva

More from author

- Advertisement -

Former UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva was released by the UFC last week. The move came after he lost in his last fight against Uriah Hall at UFC Fight Night 181 last month.

Anderson Silva had a legendary run in the UFC which consisted of a sixteen-fight winning streak. He made his MMA debut back in 1995 and made his UFC debut in 2006 with a knockout win over Chris Leben at UFC Fight Night 5.

Anderson Silva won the UFC title in just his second fight with the promotion. He defeated Rich Franklin via KO at UFC 64 in October 2006. He then went on to defend his title 10-times.

Anderson Silva

Despite being 45 years old, Anderson Silva is one of the most popular UFC fighters on the planet and any promotion should be thrilled to sign a legend like him. However, major Asian promotion ONE Championship and Bare Knuckle Boxing promotion have revealed that they aren’t interested in signing Anderson Silva.

At this time we are not interested in Anderson Silva competing for BKFC. He’s a legend and I loved watching him fight. We need to concentrate on building our fighters already signed to BKFC,” BKFC president David Feldman told BJPenn.

I am a huge Anderson Silva fan,” ONE Championship CEO Chattri Sityodtong told Fightful. “Without a doubt, he is one of the best ever to do it. That being said, athlete safety is our number one priority at ONE Championship. As such, we will not be bidding for his services. I wish Anderson much happiness and success in whatever he chooses to do next.”

What’s next for Anderson Silva?

While no major promotion wants to sign Anderson Silva, the Brazilian legend made it clear in an Instagram post that he wants to continue fighting.

Hey everyone… I didn’t want to talk about this subject, especially because I’m on vacation and as the saying goes, “a deal is a deal” I’ll make it clear to all my fans that this is a moment of joy and gratitude!!! I feel free, after an attempt to force my retirement!” Silva said in an Instagram post.

I love and have always loved what I do, winning and losing are a part of it, it has absolutely nothing to do with age, I made technical mistakes and lost, but I didn’t lose what’s most important, the will and the desire to continue doing what I love, I still have the warrior spirit and that burning flame in my heart that motivates me, I have total belief that I can continue to compete in the elite of MMA. I take this moment to reflect about my career and to plan my next moves… Stay Tuned!!!

Do you guys think Anderson Silva should fight again? Let us know in the comments section below.

 

 

If any content is used from this article, kindly backlink to this page.

If you like reading about sports, make sure you check out SportsIndiaShow.com
Also follow India’s biggest arm wrestling tournament at ProPanja.com

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -Online betting site Betway
Online betting site Betway
spot_img

Related articles

- Advertisement -