Sunday, July 12, 2020

Boxing legend Roberto Duran tests positive for COVID-19

More from author

Leaked UFC 4 info reveals Tyson Fury and Anthony Joshua in game!

WBC heavyweight champion Tyson Fury and IBF, WBO, WBA heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua will be a part of the official EA’s UFC 4 game. UFC 4...

Max Holloway reveals why mini Blessed will not be in his corner at UFC 251

Max Holloway is scheduled to fight UFC featherweight champion Alexander Volkanovski in a rematch at Yas Islands in Abu Dhabi. The pair previously fought at...

Deiveson Figueiredo tests Covid-19 positive ahead of rematch against Joseph Benavidez

Deiveson Figueiredo is the latest fighter to test positive for Covid-19, thereby possibly jeopardising his upcoming title fight against Joseph Benavidez. The pair are scheduled...

American Top Team fighter Santiago Ponzinibbio tests positive for Coronavirus

Argentine UFC welterweight Santiago Ponzinibbio just can't catch a break. He is the latest fighter to test positive for Coronavirus. The news was first reported...
Jay Rock
Jay Rockhttp://mmaindia.com
MMA, Boxing, NBA, Cricket, Betting
- Advertisement -
Boxing legend Roberto Duran tests positive for COVID-19 - Roberto Duran

Former four-division world champion Roberto Duran has been hospitalized after testing positive for COVID-19.

The legendary boxer has been hospitalised in Panama city according to his son, who shared the news on Instagram.

However, a relieving moment for boxing fans is that, even though Roberto Duran is hospitalised, he is only suffering from a mild cold. His symptoms weren’t serious and he wasn’t in the intensive care or ventilator either.

Roberto Duran is in stable condition

His family took him to the hospital as a preventive measure, as Duran is 69 years old a few weeks ago and the virus is heavily affecting the elderly population.

My father’s tests have just arrived and confirm that he is positive for COVID-19. Thank God he is not having symptoms beyond something similar to a cold,” Robin Duran, son of the former champion Roberto Duran, wrote on Instagram.

Roberto Duran

He has a lung that does not work 100% due to an accident he suffered in 2001 in Argentina,” Robin said further in the post. “We have just spoken with the doctor and he told us his lungs are fine and there are no signs of any serious damage,

Apart from the age factor, the doctors have decided to leave him under observation. The first exams show a simple cold virus, but as this is the situation and while the tests are finished, the decision to leave him in the hospital is the best,” Robin Duran added.

His second son Roberto Duran Jr further posted on social media that his father is going to be fine.

One of my older brothers send me this picture of my pops and one of the doctors. My pops is gonna be fine, thanks be to God,” Roberto Duran Jr tweeted.

Popularly known as ‘Manos De Pierda’, the Panamanian sensation packed a mean power in his punches that made him a global boxing sensation. He retired from the sport in 2001 with a professional boxing record of  103-16-0 (70 Knockouts).

His career lasted nearly 33-years and he had rivalries with the likes of Sugar Ray Leonard, Wilfred Benitez, Marvin ‘Marvellous’ Hagler, Thomas ‘Hitman’ Hearns etc.

He was last seen publicly during the UFC 244 event which took place at the Madison Square Garden in New York, where he walked Jorge Masvidal to the cage. In that fight, Jorge Masvidal fought Nate Diaz for the BMF belt and knocked him out in the fourth round.

ALSO READ:

Roberto “Hands of STONE” Duran to walk Jorge Masvidal to the cage at UFC 244

 

 

 

If any content is used from this article, kindly backlink to this page.

If you like reading about sports, make sure you check out SportsIndiaShow.com
Also follow India’s biggest arm wrestling tournament at ProPanja.com

- Advertisement -

UFC - Personalized Walkout Jerseys
- Advertisement -Boxing legend Roberto Duran tests positive for COVID-19 - Roberto Duran
- Advertisement - UFC - Replica Championship Belt

Related articles

- Advertisement - Boxing legend Roberto Duran tests positive for COVID-19 - Roberto Duran