Undisputed super middleweight champion of the world Canelo Alvarez (57–1–2, 39 KOs) is set to make his much-awaited return to light heavyweight against WBA (Super) titleholder Dmitry Bivol (19–0, 11 KOs) on 7th May in Las Vegas.
Canelo, the pound for pound king who stormed through the 168 division to become the WBC, WBA (Super), WBO, and IBF champion, will make his comeback to 175 after more than two years, since defeating Sergey Kovalev back in November 2019 to win the WBO light heavyweight title.
The Mexican would later vacate the belt a month later to start his super middleweight journey- with consecutive victories against Callum Smith, Avni Yıldırım, Billy Joe Saunders, and Caleb Plant- the last one which took place on 6th November last year and made Canelo the four-belt champion at 168.
Dmitry Bivol, the undefeated Kyrgyz-born Russian pugilist has been the WBA light heavyweight stalwart for over five years. After winning the interim WBA belt in May 2016, Bivol was elevated to full champion the next year and in 2019, became the sanctioning body’s “Super” champ.
In total, Bivol has defended his WBA title ten times (three as the Super champion) and is coming off of a unanimous decision win against his compatriot Umar Salamov on11th December last year.
How to watch Canelo Alvarez vs. Dmitry Bivol in India?
Indian Boxing fans can catch the live action on DAZN PPV.
What is the Canelo Alvarez vs. Dmitry Bivol India time?
The fight will start at 8:30 am on 8th May in India.
Where is the fight taking place?
Canelo Alvarez vs. Dmitry Bivol will take place at the T-Mobile Arena in Paradise, Nevada.
What are the betting odds for the fight and fight card?
- WBA Light Heavyweight title: Canelo Alvarez (1.18) vs. Dmitry Bivol (4.75)
- Heavyweight: Scott Alexander (8.50) vs. Zhilei Zhang (1.05)
- Junior Welterweight: Montana Love (1.14) vs. Gabriel Gollaz Valenzuel (5.00)
- Super Lightweight: Shakhram Giyasov (1.25) vs. Christian Gomez (3.80)
- Middleweight: Alexis Espino (2.05) vs. Aaron Silva (1.80)
- Lightweight: Pedro Vicente Scharbaai (11.00) vs. Marc Castro (1.02)
- Junior Lightweight: Elnur Abduraimov (1.07) vs. Manuel Correa (7.50)
- Junior Welterweight: Ricardo Valdovinos vs. Fernando Angel Molina
- Flyweight: Joselito Velazquez vs. Jose Soto
To place a wager on this fight card, click here.