The latest edition of IMMAF world championship is all set to take place in Belgrade, Serbia from 11th to 17th February.
Hosted by the Serbian MMA Federation, the two amateur tournaments are to take place at Štark Arena, in Novi Beograd (Belgrade), Serbia, from 11 to 17 February. IMMAF’s OTT platform, immaf.tv, will stream all bouts for fans all over the world.
The Championships will hold six weight divisions for female athletes, from Atomweight to Lightweight, and ten for male athletes, from Strawweight to Super Heavyweight. The competition will be conducted per the latest IMMAF Amateur rules.
Over 520 athletes from 62 countries are expected to compete in Serbia, making the 2022 IMMAF World Championships the biggest event in the international governing body’s history. A number of champions from the 2022 season are set to return including: Sabrina de Sousa (BRN), Ramazan Gitinov (BRN), Magdalena Czaban (POL), Fergus Jenkins (NZL), Otabek Rajabov (TJK) and Veja Hinda (NAM).
The tournaments will be a part of IMMAF World Championships Week, which IMMAF World Championships Week will culminate with BRAVE CF 69 on February 18, at Štark Arena in Novi Beograd. This is BRAVE Combat Federation’s first event of the year and a confirmation of its commitment to helping grow the booming Balkan MMA scene.
Indian contingent for IMMAF World Championship
- Ganesh Raj – Bantamweight
- Mahboob Khan – Flyweight
- Shabarish Ayyanar – Strawweight
- Zarmawia – Featherweight
- Khushboo Nishad – Atomweight
- Vridhi Kumari – Atomweight
Indian Officials for IMMAF World Championship
- Sharif Mohhammed Bapu Thottiyil – President MMA India/Referee
- Prasad Achyut Gaitonde – General Secretary MMA India
- Kevin Alfred David – Vice President MMA India/Referee
- Vikas Sharma – Vice President MMA India/Referee
- Radhika Jhaveri – Judge
- Ajay Marwah – Team Leader
- Vikram Mysore Nagaraj – Coach
- Shaikh Khalid – Coach