Sunday, April 18, 2021

Conor McGregor doubled his net worth after selling his stake in Proper 12

More from author

- Advertisement -

Conor McGregor recently sold his shares of Proper 12 to the makers of Jose Cuervo tequila, and by doing so made a huge amount of money and may have doubled his net worth.

Conor McGregor to make £112m as tequila co. plan to buy remaining shares of Proper No. 12

Conor McGregor has doubled his net worth to well over USD 300 million with the sale of his Proper No. Twelve Irish whiskeys, according to a report from Danny Jones of Joe.co.uk. ‘The Notorious’ sold his whiskey brand to Mexican beverage company Becle for a reported £122 million (roughly USD 155M), per his long-time manager, Audie Attar.

Conor McGregor suffered a shock defeat to Dustin Poirier at the main event of UFC 257 in Fight Island, Abu Dhabi. And now, he’s set to take another major blow as reports claim that Mexican tequila company Becle – who owns Jose Cuervo Tequila – is going to take over the Irish whiskey brand he created. However, The Daily Mail claims that Conor McGregor will be getting a huge payout for his troubles, which would defiantly soften the setback.

Conor McGregor Announces $1M Proper No. Twelve Donation to Tunnel to Towers Foundation | Nightclub & Bar Digital

When Conor McGregor launched Proper No. Twelve in 2018, Becle bought a 20 percent share of the brand and last year upped its stake to 49 percent. Now McGregor and his manager Audie Attar, under their parent company Eire Born Spirits, are set to make a whopping £112 million ($154 million approx.) as Becle announced its intention to acquire the remaining 51 percent.

With this sale, McGregor is reported to have “doubled” his net worth—meaning he could now be worth well over USD 300M. While McGregor is now richer than ever, he seems to be as focused as ever on his MMA career. The Irishman hasn’t fought since he was stopped by Dustin Poirier at UFC 257 in January, but all signs point to a tie-breaking trilogy fight between the two lightweight rivals shortly.

John Kavanagh says Mcgregor will be back stronger

John Kavanagh: Conor McGregor vs. Tony Ferguson 'is the fight that makes sense' - MMA Fighting

“He is in great spirits, well he sold the spirits so he is in really good financial spirits,” McGregor’s long-time coach John Kavanagh told BT Sport recently. “He is just looking forward, I’m hoping we can get that rematch done in the summer. I’m not exactly sure, I don’t involve myself in the management side of things. We wanna get that one back, gotta figure out these fricking calf kicks, how to use them and defend them. We’re pretty confident we have that sorted out now. He looked excellent everywhere else. Give us a rematch, and we have the rematch, I feel.”

UFC 257: Conor McGregor suffers only third loss in UFC after Dustin Poirier wins on Fight Island | GiveMeSport

Conor is expected to return to the octagon to complete his trilogy with Dustin Poirier after being knocked out by ‘The Diamond’ at UFC 257. He had previously KO’d Poirier in a featherweight contest back in 2014, meaning both men are now tied 1-1.

Purchase the UFC merch here.

To bet on an MMA event click here

If any content is used from this article, kindly backlink to this page.

If you like reading about sports, make sure you check out SportsIndiaShow.com
Also follow India’s biggest arm wrestling tournament at ProPanja.com

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -Online betting site Betway
Online betting site Betway
spot_img

Related articles

- Advertisement -