Sunday, June 13, 2021

UFC News: Conor McGregor claims he has accepted a fight against Dustin Poirier, targets November return!

More from author

- Advertisement -UFC News: Conor McGregor claims he has accepted a fight against Dustin Poirier, targets November return! - McGregor

The cursed 2020 might as well end with a bang for MMA fans as Conor McGregor reveals that he has accepted a fight against a familiar face, former interim champion Dustin Poirier.

A rematch between McGregor and Poirier has been anticipated for a long time. The ‘Notorious’ recently proposed an exhibition bout against Poirier for charity purposes. The funds would be donated to Poirier’s ‘Good Fight Foundation’. However, that could not be materialized as both are still under UFC contract which restricts them from fighting outside the octagon.

McGregor and Poirier

Earlier today Poirier took to social media to call out the Irish superstar. McGregor replied to the tweet which immediately sent a shockwave across the MMA community. Not only did he accepted the fight, but he also said he would want is as early as next month.

He is primarily targeting UFC 251 card on November 21. The former double champ said even December dates would be acceptable for his timeline. He concluded by saying that he would still donate a healthy $500 to the Good Fight Foundation. (via Twitter):

McGregor vs. Poirier 2?

McGregor announced his retirement earlier this year in June. However, it was his third retirement in mere four years. The announcement was a huge surprise especially keeping in mind his performance after a 15-month hiatus. He absolutely destroyed Cowboy Cerrone in mere 40 seconds to stamp his arrival. Every time he retired, he came back with an even bigger fight announcement. The stat always gave the MMA community some hope of watching him back in action in near future.

McGregor and Poirier first met at UFC 178 back in 2014. Poirier suffered a first-round knockout loss, however, the fight was at featherweight. He has been nothing but spectacular since that loss. The loss first inspired a move up to lightweight. Despite being the most stacked division in the UFC, he put together an impressive record of 10-2-1 to date. One of his losses being against current champ Khabib Nurmagomedov.

Poirier’s impressive stint also includes a four-fight winning streak over former and current world champions with three of them being finishes. The streak earned him his interim lightweight belt.

If any content is used from this article, kindly backlink to this page.

If you like reading about sports, make sure you check out SportsIndiaShow.com
Also follow India’s biggest arm wrestling tournament at ProPanja.com

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -Online betting site Betway
Online betting site Betway
- Advertisement -UFC News: Conor McGregor claims he has accepted a fight against Dustin Poirier, targets November return! - McGregor
spot_img
UFC News: Conor McGregor claims he has accepted a fight against Dustin Poirier, targets November return! - McGregor

Related articles