UFC heavyweight contender Curtis Blaydes is targeted to take on rising contender Chris Daukaus at UFC Fight Night 205 on March 26, 2022. The fight will take place on March 26, 2022, at the Nationwide Arena in Columbus, Ohio, United States. A light heavyweight matchup between former KSW and UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Jan Blachowicz and Aleksandar Rakic was expected to serve as the event headliner but the fight is now off as Jan pulled out due to an injury. The fight between Curtis Blyades vs Chris Daukaus will be important for the heavyweight division as a new top contender will arise. Both Blaydes and Daukaus will be looking to score this win as it will help them move up the rankings.
Curtis Blaydes was once ranked no.2 in the heavyweight rankings but has faced a little downfall in his career recently. He was scoring great wins over top-ranked heavyweight contenders before facing off against the most dangerous knockout artist Derrick Lewis. Curtis faced Lewis at UFC Fight Night 185 on February 20, 2021. He lost the fight via a brutal second-round KO. He then became a free agent after that fight but immediately re-signed a new four-fight deal with the UFC in May.
In his last fight, he fought fellow top contender Jairzinho Rozenstruik on September 25, 2021, at UFC 266. He won the fight via decision and maintained his top rank in the division.
Chris Daukaus is one of the best heavyweight prospects in the division at the moment. He was recently riding great momentum in the UFC was seen as the future of the heavyweight division. At this moment he is ranked no.7 in the UFC heavyweight rankings. Chris Daukaus made his UFC debut on nine days’ notice against Parker Porter on August 15, 2020, at UFC 252. He won by stoppage in the first round by TKO. He then scored back-to-back wins and was riding a 4 fight winning streak before crashing against Lewis. He faced Derrick Lewis on December 18, 2021, at UFC Fight Night. He lost the fight via brutal knockout via KO.
Both Curtis Blaydes and Chris Daukaus will be looking to get this in as it will push them one step closer to the top of the division.
UFC FIGHT NIGHT 205 CARD:
- Curtis Blaydes vs. Chris Daukaus
- Amanda Ribas vs. Michelle Waterson
- Max Griffin vs. Neil Magny
- Sara McMann vs. Karol Rosa
- Askar Askarov vs. Kai Kara-France
- Bryan Barberena vs. Matt Brown
- Alexa Grasso vs. Joanne Wood
- Seungwoo Choi vs. Tucker Lutz
- Danaa Batgerel vs. Montel Jackson
- David Dvorak vs. Matheus Nicolau
- Aliaskhab Khizriev vs. Abusupiyan Magomedov
- Nate Landwehr vs. Lerone Murphy
- Viacheslav Borshchev vs. Marc Diakiese
- Luis Saldana vs. Bruno Souza
- Ilir Latifi vs. Aleksei Oleinik
- Curtis Blaydes vs. Chris Daukaus is in the works for UFC Fight Night 205