Sunday, June 7, 2020

Dana White announces Michael Bisping- George St Pierre is off

More from author

Dana White announces Michael Bisping- George St Pierre is off

DANA White has dropped a bombshell, declaring Georges St-Pierre’s comeback title fight against Michael Bisping as dead. With GSP saying he would not fight until...

Knight inspires on his way to the top of UFC

From the first time Jason Knight stepped into the Octagon for a short notice bout against Tatsuya Kawajiri in December 2015, it was clear that the Mississippi native...

Floyd Mayweather admits Conor McGregor might beat him (trying to sell PPV’s)

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) lightweight champion Conor McGregor has not been seen inside the Octagon since crushing Eddie Alvarez at the UFC 205 pay-per-view...

Nate Diaz: I already whooped Conor’s f—in ass

For whatever reason, Nate Diaz has chosen to remain in the sidelines. The 32-year-old Stockton native last fought at UFC 202 in August 2016, and has since turned...
- Advertisement - Dana White announces Michael Bisping- George St Pierre is off -

DANA White has dropped a bombshell, declaring Georges St-Pierre’s comeback title fight against Michael Bisping as dead.

With GSP saying he would not fight until “after October”, the stacked middleweight division had been put into gridlock and top contenders were taking angry potshots at the UFC.

White has now seemingly taken the extraordinary step of killing the GSP vs Bisping match – planned as a blockbuster comeback for the Canadian icon after more than three years out of the Octagon, and a deserved big payday for the English journeyman.

White said Bisping would now fight No.1 contender Yoel Romero, as was originally planned.

“I made this GSP fight, we did a press conference. The thing was supposed to happen in July. Michael Bisping is going to have to defend his title now. We’re not waiting for GSP,” White told FOX Sports Australia’s UFC Fight Week in an exclusive interview.

“Georges St-Pierre was coming back. Bisping-St-Pierre – they both wanted that fight. We asked Yoel to step aside, he did. It doesn’t look like that fight is gonna happen now.

“Georges St-Pierre is saying he will not be ready to compete now until November. Who knows if that’s even the case. It could be next year.

“So we’re not waiting for Georges St-Pierre anymore. We’re moving on with the division, and Yoel Romero will get the next shot.” Dana White said this in his latest interview.

source : Channel Fox Sports

If any content is used from this article, kindly backlink to this page.

If you like reading about sports, make sure you check out SportsIndiaShow.com
Also follow India’s biggest arm wrestling tournament at ProPanja.com

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisement - Dana White announces Michael Bisping- George St Pierre is off -

Related articles