Dustin Poirier accepts Colby Covington fight for July 30

- Advertisement -

Former interim lightweight champion and title challenger Dustin Poirier has accepted a callout from former interim welterweight champion Colby Covington for a fight on July 30th at UFC 277. Colby Covington had called out Dustin Poirier following his fight against Jorge Masvidal at UFC 272 in march earlier this year.

I just took care of Miami street trash; now it’s time to take care of Louisiana swamp trash,” Colby Covington had said in the Octagon during his post-fight interview following his win over Masvidal at UFC 272. “Where you at Dustin Poirier … You said it’s on sight; name the site.”

Colby Covington calls out Dustin Poirier after winning the fight against Jorge Masvidal at UFC 272

Dustin Poirier has accepted the callout after he had publicly stated few months back that the rivalry was too deep between them to fight inside the Octagon.

If I fight Colby, we’re both going to jail. I’m going to jail,” Poirier told reporters. “I’m not going to fight him in the Octagon. He’s not making money off of my career and what I’ve done. This is something different. You will never see me fight Colby Covington in the UFC.”

Dustin Poirier last fought at UFC 269 in his second title challenge fight against current champion Charles Oliviera.

Watch the LIVE coverage of UFC Fight Night – Blachowicz vs Rakic on SONY TEN 2 (English), SONY TEN 3 (Hindi) and SONY TEN 4 (Tamil and Telugu) channels on 15th May 2022 from 7:30 am (IST).

SHARE

If any content is used from this article, kindly backlink to this page.

If you like reading about sports, make sure you check out SportsIndiaShow.com
Also follow India’s biggest arm wrestling tournament at ProPanja.com

- Advertisement -

Related articles

Exit mobile version