The mixed martial arts fans are in for a treat this December 11th as the main event of UFC 269 will feature the mouth-watering bout between reigning lightweight champ Charles Oliveira, set to make his first title defense inside the Octagon against the number one ranked fighter in the division, Dustin Poirier. And while the community is split between who is the better fighter between the two, Poirier is assured on two things- firstly, he will become the new lightweight champ, and secondly, the Lousiana star wants to have his Christmas dinner on the belt.
In recent times, Dustin Poirier has been rising up the order and especially with his back to back wins over Conor McGregor has established him as one of the best lightweights in the world right now and many see him as the successor to Oliveira as the next lightweight king in mixed martial arts’ top drawer.
However, Poirier is well aware that he is also up against another giant- ‘Do Bronx’ has been in the UFC for a decade and became the first to clinch the vacant UFC lightweight belt after defeating Michael Chandler at UFC 262 in May, following back to back stunning victories against Kevin Lee and Tony Ferguson, which makes the main event this Saturday even more savoury.
Poirier, who is planning a jump to welterweight after defeating Oliveira, feels once he gets the lightweight title around his waist, he will have his Christmas dinner feast on the coveted belt.
“It’ll be Christmas-giving, Thanks-Christmas. I’m making a big dinner, all types of pies. I’m eating dinner on the belt! I’ma use the belt as a plate,” Poirier said on the first episode of UFC 269 Embedded: Vlog Series, uploaded on the promotion’s official YouTube channel.
UFC 269 full fight card:
- Charles Oliveira vs. Dustin Poirier – for the lightweight title
- Amanda Nunes vs. Julianna Pena – for women’s bantamweight title
- Leon Edwards vs. Jorge Masvidal
- Cody Garbrandt vs Kai Kara-France
- Sean O’Malley vs. Raulian Paiva
- Geoff Neal vs Santiago Ponzinibbio
- Dominick Cruz vs. Pedro Munhoz
- Dricus Du Plessis vs. Andre Muniz
- Maycee Barber vs. Erin Blanchfield
- Alex Perez vs. Matt Schnell
- Ryan Hall vs. Darrick Minner
- Priscila Cachoeira vs. Gillian Robertson
- Randy Costa vs. Tony Kelley
- Josh Emmett vs. Dan Ige
- Dustin Poirier plans to have dinner on the UFC lightweight belt after defeating Charles Oliviera at UFC 269
- Poirier vs Oliveira will serve as the main event of UFC 269 on 11th December
Who do you think wins UFC 269? Let us know in the comments.
Purchase the UFC merch here.
Click to Predict here