Eagle FC 46 which place took at FLXcast Arena was headlined by a super lightweight matchup between UFC veterans Kevin Lee and Diego Sanchez. Eagle Fighting championship which is owned and managed by the former UFC lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov is giving tough competitions to other leading MMA promotions. Khabib has already signed many big names to his promotions and had wanted other promotions that they should be careful with their fighters or they would lose them to EAGLE FC. The event was available to stream for free by signing up on the Eagle FC website.
Kevin Lee in his last UFC fight faced Daniel Rodriguez on August 28, 2021, at UFC on ESPN 30. Kevin Lee lost his return flight to the welterweight division via decision. On December 15, 2021, it was announced that Lee signed a 4 fight contract with Eagle FC. Diego Sanchez, his last fight was scheduled to face Donald Cerrone on May 8, 2021, at UFC on ESPN 24. However, Sanchez was removed from the fight on April 28 for undisclosed reasons. He was later released by the UFC after the promotion had a dispute with his coach.
Vicious Elbows from @MoTownPhenom at the end of the second! 🔥
— Eagle FC (@EagleFightClub) March 12, 2022
In their main-event clash at EAGLE FC 46, Kevin proved to be too dominant for Sanchez. The fight was immediately taken to the ground as Kevin Lee found an opportunity. Sanchez was able to get back to the feet after avoiding submission, but the pair remained clinched against the fence. Kevin Lee unleashed a strong flurry of punches in the closing seconds of the round.
The second round started with Sanchez landing another hard kick to the lead leg of Lee before they continued punching exchanges. Lee landed cleanly, appearing to hurt Sanchez. However, Lee dropped to one knee momentarily after another kick landed to the left leg. The fight then kept swinging both ways and both of them were having success in their particular game plans but it was Kevin Lee’s wrestling that proved to be dominant. Kevin Lee got the win via decision and finally broke his losing streak.
Below are the official results of Eagle FC 46:
- Kevin Lee def. Diego Sanchez via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Rizvan Kuniev def. Anthony Hamilton via submission (guillotine choke) – Round 1, 1:17 – for the heavyweight title
- Ray Borg def. Ricky Bandejas via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Handesson Ferreira def. Zach Juusola via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Raimond Magomedaliev def. Impa Kasanganay via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Ikram Aliskerov def. Nah-shon Burrell via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Irwin Rivera def. Firdavs Khasanov via TKO (body kick) – Round 2, 4:48
- Archie Colgan def. Dylan Mantello via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Tyler Ray def. Thomas Webb via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-26, 30-26)
- Sitik Muduev def. Caio Uruguai via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Ryder Newman def. Manny Walo via split decision (28-29, 29-28, 29-28)
- Conor McGregor talks about his meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin
Purchase the UFC merch here.
Click to Predict here