Veteran mixed martial artist Junior dos Santos suffered a massive setback on his Eagle FC debut as the former UFC Heavyweight champion dislocated his shoulder in the main event of Eagle FC 47 against Yorgan De Castro, losing the fight via TKO in the third round on 20th May at the FLXcast Arena in Miami, Florida.
The Brazilian is now on a five fight losing streak, having lost his last four outings in the Octagon, and in his fifth on his promotional debut at Eagle FC against De Castro, the Cape Verdian who is a former UFC fighter and is now 2-0 in Khabib Nurmagomedov’s promotion.
After his win, De Castro said that he wants to fight Bellator MMA stalwart Fedor Emelianenko. “With all due respect, let me fight Fedor. If Fedor is on the line, I want to fight Fedor Emelianenko. … I will sign the dotted [line] tomorrow,” he said.
“His shoulder popped, I felt it pop,” De Castro commented on dos Santos’ injury during the fight, “I could’ve taken advantage of it and charged forward, but I’m a man, I wanted the guy to go back to his family. I have a family, but I’m a f****** fighter. If you guys disrespect me, I’m going to keep coming, and I can fight anyone.” [H/T MMA Fighting]
Eagle FC 47 main event ends after Junior dos Santos dislocates his shoulder pic.twitter.com/DMRhp1j84D
— Eagle FC (@EagleFightClub) May 21, 2022
Eagle FC 47 full fight card results:
- Yorgan De Castro defeats Junior dos Santos via TKO (shoulder injury) at 0:35 of Round 3
- Hector Lombard vs. Thiago Silva ruled a No Contest (accidental foul) at 1:44 of Round 2
- Maki Pitolo defeats Doug Usher via TKO (punches) at 0:30 of Round 1
- Andrew Sanchez defeats Gabriel Checco via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Akhmed Aliev defeats Darrell Horcher via KO (punch) at 0:30 of Round 1
- Islam Mamedov defeats Zach Zane via submission (rear-naked choke) at 1:50 of Round 1
- Ronny Markes defeats Reggie Pena via verbal submission (knee injury) at 1:21 of Round 2
- Roosevelt Roberts defeats Alexandre Almeida via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
- Paulo Silva defeats Sean Soriano via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Adi Alic defeats Shawn Bunch via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Dylan Mantello defeats Dennis Hughes via TKO (doctor’s stoppage) at 5:00 of Round 2