Former UFC champions and current ONE championship contenders Demetrious Johnson and Eddie Alvarez next fights have been announced.
Eddie Alvarez will fight former ONE champ Eduard Folayang (21-7) in “ONE Championship 99: Dawn of Heroes” which is set for Aug. 2 at Mall of Asia Arena in Manila, Philippines. On the other hand, Demetrious Johnson will fight Tatsumitsu Wada (21-10-2) in the flyweight Grand Prix semi-final bout. The fight will stream live on Hotstar app in India and B/R Live in the US.
Eddie Alvarez was brutally knocked out by Timofey Nastyukhin in the first round in his ONE championship debut back in March 31 at the ONE championship: New Era which took place in Japan. Meanwhile, Demetrious Johnson who also made his ONE championship debut in Tokyo won his fight against Yuya Wakamatsu in Round 2 via guillotine choke.
The ONE Championship 99 fight card includes:
- Eddie Alvarez vs. Eduard Folayang
- Demetrious Johnson vs. Tatsumitsu Wada – flyweight grand Prix semifinal
- Kairat Akhmetov vs. Danny Kingad – flyweight grand Prix semifinal
- Honorio Banario vs. Timofey Nastyukhin – lightweight Grand Prix semifinal
- Reece McLaren vs. Yuya Wakamatsu
- Leandro Issa vs. Daichi Takenaka
- Ayaka Miura vs. Samara Santos
Which fight are you most excited about in ONE championship 99 fight card?