Current UFC Bantamweight champion T.J Dillashaw who will move down in weight class to challenge UFC Flyweight champion Henry Cejudo were scheduled to fight at UFC 233 at the Honda Center in Anaheim on January 26. But now they both have been removed from UFC 233 and will instead headline UFC’s debut on ESPN+.
Henry Cejudo beat former UFC pound-for-pound flyweight champion Demetrious ‘Mighty Mouse’ Johnson at UFC 227 which took place in Los Angeles, California. On the same card in the main event, TJ Dillashaw successfully defended his bantamweight title in a rematch against Cody Garbrandt by knocking him out in the very first round. He won the title last year when he knocked out Cody in the second round at UFC 217.
Meanwhile, Henry Cejudo has said that he is going to resurrect the flyweight division.
Quote from the flyweight king @HenryCejudo on tonight’s breaking news:
“I’m going to resurrect the flyweight division on ESPN! 👃🏿”
(No joke, he made a point to include the 👃🏿in my tweet. What a guy.)
— Ariel Helwani (@arielhelwani) December 6, 2018
With the change to the card, UFC on ESPN+ 1 now includes:
- Champ Henry Cejudo vs. T.J. Dillashaw – for the flyweight title
- Rachael Ostovich vs. Paige VanZant
- Geoff Neal vs. Belal Muhammad
- Ion Cutelaba vs. Glover Teixeira
- Alonzo Menifield vs. Vinicius Moreira
- Randy Brown vs. Chance Rencountre
- Joanne Calderwood vs. Ariane Lipski
- Allen Crowder vs. Greg Hardy