Thursday, February 22, 2024
Koo_Logo Versions
Follow on KOO

It Makes Too Much Sense: Jake Paul Comments On UFC-WWE Merger

More from author

Saikat Banerjee
Saikat Banerjee
A wordsmith who indulges in the world of combat sports, Saikat Banerjee is an MMA, boxing, and arm wrestling content writer at The MMA India Show and The Sports Room. Apart from combat sports, he also engages in Indian sports content at The Sports India Show. Currently pursuing an MBA from Jadavpur University, Saikat's other interests lie in motorcycling, working out, and travelling.
- Advertisement -

One of the biggest and most impactful major announcements in combat sports that has just been made is the merging of WWE and UFC, and Jake Paul has given his two cents on it.

Following heaps of rumours and speculations, it was announced recently that Endeavor, the parent company of the UFC, has purchased a majority share in WWE, which will see Endeavor acquiring 51% control of the pro wrestling promotion, with the remaining 49% being controlled by the existing shareholders.

Moreover, it was also announced that Ari Emanuel, the current CEO of Endeavor, will also lead the new business as its CEO. With the merger of UFC and WWE, currently valued at $12.1 billion and $9.3 billion respectively, the new business is valued at $21.4 billion following the transaction.

The merger has generated an array of responses from the combat sports fandom, and Jake Paul, who has been very critical twoards the UFC for the pay issue with its fighters, believes the decision makes sense as it will increase the fighters’ pay.

“UFC + WWE makes too much sense. Great path to increasing fighter pay,” Paul wrote on Twitter.

In the past, “The Problem Child” has often been critical towards the UFC and Dana White regarding the wage structure of the promotion and the pay of the fighters. Back in January 2022, Paul hit out at the UFC prez saying that the fighters in the Octagon were getting paid similar to janitors.

“I’m the only person that doesn’t need you and I don’t give a f**k about you,” Paul told White at that time. “But all these people, all your fighters, all of them, they can’t say s**t cause you’ll just bench them.”

“The bottom line, Dana, is that you won’t add health care for your fighters because you don’t give a f**k about them and you’re too much of a greedy b***h to pay your minimum fighter more than $12,000 for risking their lives” he added. “It’s what a janitor makes. You need to pay them $50,000, Dana. Stop avoiding my points.” [H/T The Sun]

Purchase the UFC merch here.

Click to Predict here.

SHARE
It Makes Too Much Sense: Jake Paul Comments On UFC-WWE Merger - Jake PaulIt Makes Too Much Sense: Jake Paul Comments On UFC-WWE Merger - Jake PaulIt Makes Too Much Sense: Jake Paul Comments On UFC-WWE Merger - Jake PaulIt Makes Too Much Sense: Jake Paul Comments On UFC-WWE Merger - Jake PaulIt Makes Too Much Sense: Jake Paul Comments On UFC-WWE Merger - Jake Paul

If any content is used from this article, kindly backlink to this page.

If you like reading about sports, make sure you check out SportsIndiaShow.com
Also follow India’s biggest arm wrestling tournament at ProPanja.com

- Advertisement -

Related articles