Former Bellator and ONE Welterweight Champion Ben Askren took to Twitter to accept the fight against youtube star Jake Paul.
Former UFC fighter and MMA legend Chael Sonnen took to social media and broke the news about Askren fighting Jake Paul next after which the youtube star was going to fight Dillon Danis.
— Chael Sonnen (@ChaelSonnen) December 22, 2020
“@jakepaul doesn’t trust many in the media to spread the word…. I’m was told “Ben then Dillion.”
Ben Askren accepts the fight
Ben Askren took to Twitter to upload a video where he stated that he had accepted the Jake Paul’s callout and is ready to fight him on March 28. The fight is scheduled to take place in Los Angeles, California.
— Funky (@Benaskren) December 23, 2020
“Yes, Mr. Jake Paul, I do accept. I know you called me out after that last fight against that bum Nate Robinson. And listen, it’s a pretty simple choice. I’m going to make a whole bunch of money to beat up a guy who is pretending to be an athlete. Because at the end of the day, that’s what you’re doing. I know you may think I don’t have too many standup skills. Also at the end of the day, I don’t really need to,” Ben Askren said in the video.
“I’m a world-class athlete, I’ve won NCAA titles, I’ve been in the Olympics, I’ve won belts in multiple mixed martial arts organizations. And quite frankly, I am impressed that you’ve deluded yourself into thinking you’re a fighter. That you are really tough, that you can really box. It’s really quite impressive that beating up another YouTuber and beating up a boxer who has never been in the ring before makes you somehow good at boxing because it doesn’t. So yes, Jake, I accept. I will see you on March 28 in Los Angeles, and I will humble you like millions of people want to see happen,” concluded Ben Askren.
Ben retired from the sport of MMA last year after suffering back to back losses inside the octagon. He lost to Demian Maia in his last fight via submission and prior to that he was brutally knocked out by Jorge Masvidal. (H/T – BJPenn.com)