Jessica Andrade will be seen in action for the fourth time in the year, and the UFC strawweight fighter’s next challenge is against Tatiana Suarez at UFC Nashville on 5th August.
The news was made official by the UFC this Tuesday. Suarez was originally slated to take on Brazilian Virna Jandiroba at the event, but after Jandiroba sustained an injury and was forced to pull out, Andrade stepped in as the replacement fighter.
A former UFC Strawweight champion, Andrade is currently on a two fight losing streak, having lost her last two outings- first against against Erin Blanchfield at flyweight in the main event of UFC Vegas 69 back in February, followed by a first-round knockout loss to Yan Xiaonan back at UFC 288 in May. Prior to the losses, “Bate Estaca” marked three back to back wins.
The undefeated Suarez made a comeback to the Octagon back in February this year after a prolonged hiatus of nearly four years, and defeated Montana De La Rosa via 2nd round submission at UFC Vegas 70.
The current UFC Nashville lineup with the addition of Andrade vs. Suarez looks like this-
- Main event: Cory Sandhagen vs. Umar Nurmagomedov
- Jessica Andrade vs. Tatiana Suarez
- Tanner Boser vs. Aleksa Camur
- Ignacio Bahamondes vs. Ludovit Klein
- Dustin Jacoby vs. Kennedy Nzechukwu
- Damon Jackson vs. Billy Quarantillo
- Ion Cutelaba vs. Ovince Saint Preux
- Jake Hadley vs. Tagir Ulanbekov
- Said Nurmagomedov vs. Kyler Phillips
- Asu Almabaev vs. Ode Osbourne
- Carlston Harris vs. Jeremiah Wells
- Steve Garcia vs. Sean Woodson
Purchase the UFC merch here.