Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Johnny Walker calls out Chris Weidman for February/March

More from author

Michael Chandler explains why he isn’t interested in fighting Islam Makhachev

Former Bellator lightweight champion Michael Chandler recently signed with the UFC and is serving as the backup for the UFC 254 main event between...

UFC veteran Josh Barnett to fight former KSW champion Marcin Rozalski in Bare Knuckle Boxing bout

MMA legend Josh Barnett meets former KSW champion Marcin Rozalski in a bare-knuckle boxing bout (with elbows allowed) at the very first Genesis event,...

Fights We Want To See After Conor McGregor vs. Dustin Poirier 2

After ten months away from the Octagon, Conor McGregor announced his return this week. The former Featherweight Champion and Lightweight Champion will fight Dustin...

Justin Gaethje plans to ruin everyone’s day by beating Khabib at UFC 254

Interim lightweight champion Justin Gaethje is all set to fight UFC lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov in the main event of UFC 254 at the...
Jay Rock
Jay Rockhttp://mmaindia.com
MMA, Boxing, NBA, Cricket, Betting
- Advertisement -

Johnny Walker was supposed to be the guy to beat Jon Jones. However, that all changed earlier this month at UFC 244 where he got knocked out by top contender Corey Anderson in the first round. Walker was riding on an eight-fight winning streak in the UFC. However, Walker is already ready to return to the cage. He called out former UFC middleweight champion Chris Weidman on twitter.

 

Johnny Walker

Hey Chris Weidman, that’s funny, I also want to fight in February or March! What a coincidence! What date do you prefer? Let’s dance,” Walker said in his tweet.

Chris Weidman also replied almost immediately and said that he will let Walker know of his decision later.

Hey! Thanks for the call out! I will let you know when I decide what I wanna do next,” Weidman replied.

Weidman moved to the light heavyweight division last month when he fought Dominick Reyes. The move didn’t end well for him as he got brutally knocked out in the first round at UFC on ESPN 6. Before that he lost via KO to Ronaldo Souza at UFC 230 last year in New York.

Many fight fans want to see Weidman retired after his back to back stoppage loses but the former champion confirmed on Ariel Helwani’s MMA Show last Monday that he was going to continue fighting.

Definitely continuing to fight, that’s not in question at all… I’ve been through hell, I’ve had 23 surgeries, but I feel good right now, I know that sounds crazy… I feel like I’m still capable of some big things.” Weidman said.

However, a fight with Walker is uncertain, as Weidman wasn’t sure if he was going to keep fighting at light heavyweight or if he was planning on moving down to middleweight.

I’m not sure if I’m going to go back to down to 185 or stay at 205,” Weidman said.

Do you guys want to see this fight?

ALSO READ:

Jon Jones savages Chris Weidman and Luke Rockhold after both of them got knocked out in their LHW debuts

 

 

 

If any content is used from this article, kindly backlink to this page.

If you like reading about sports, make sure you check out SportsIndiaShow.com
Also follow India’s biggest arm wrestling tournament at ProPanja.com

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Related articles

- Advertisement -Johnny Walker calls out Chris Weidman for February/March - Chris