UFC welterweight champion Kamaru Usman will be defending his title against former challenger Jorge Masvidal in a rematch at UFC 261 on April 24 with a full capacity crowd at the Vystar Veterans Memorial Arena in Jacksonville, Florida.
The last time UFC had a full capacity crowd was back in March of 2020 at UFC 248 when Israel Adesanya successfully defended his UFC middleweight title against Yoel Romero.
The main event of UFC 261 is a rematch from the UFC 251 fight that took place last year in Abu Dhabi. In that fight, Kamaru Usman was able to defeat Jorge Masvidal via a unanimous decision. However, Masvidal has been gunning for a rematch ever since as he took the fight on six days notice as the opponent initially scheduled to fight Usman i.e Gilbert Burns tested positive for Covid-19.
— MMA India (@MMAIndiaShow) March 16, 2021
Kamaru Usman has opened up as a 3-1 betting favourite over Jorge Masvidal. The card also features two other title fights for the UFC Women’s strawweight and UFC women’s flyweight title.
UFC strawweight champion Weili Zhang will be defending her title against Rose Namajunas and UFC flyweight champion Valentina Shevchenko will be defending her title against Jessica Andrade.
UFC 261 fight card featuring Usman vs Masvidal
- Champ Kamaru Usman vs. Jorge Masvidal – for welterweight title
- Champ Zhang Weili vs. Rose Namajunas – for women’s strawweight title
- Champ Valentina Shevchenko vs. Jessica Andrade – for women’s flyweight title
- Uriah Hall vs. Chris Weidman
- Jimmy Crute vs. Anthony Smith
- Danaa Batgerel vs. Kevin Natividad
- Brendan Allen vs. Karl Roberson
- Qileng Aori vs. Jeffrey Molina
- Johnny Munoz vs. Mark Striegl