Kevin Lee is all set to make his lightweight return to the Octagon against Gregor Gillespie at UFC 244 which is scheduled to take place at the Madison Square Garden in New York on November 2.
Former interim lightweight title challenger Kevin Lee who had earlier moved up to welterweight division because of severe weight cut issues will fight in the lightweight division once again. In his last fight, he fought Rafael Dos Anjos at 170lbs and lost via submission in the fourth round.
Kevin Lee will be looking forward to ending his losing streak as he has switched training camps. He currently left Las Vegas to train in Canada’s premier MMA gym Tri-Star, where legendary fighter Georges St-Pierre also trained.
MMAJunkie was the first to report the news.
Gregor Gillespie, on the other hand, is currently riding on a six-fight winning streak in the UFC and is also undefeated as a professional. He last fought against Yancy Medeiros at UFC Fight Night 143 via TKO in round 2.
UFC 244 fight card now includes:
- Jorge Masvidal vs. Nate Diaz
- Kelvin Gastelum vs. Darren Till
- Corey Anderson vs. Johnny Walker
- Vicente Luque vs. Stephen Thompson
- Blagoy Ivanov vs. Derrick Lewis
- Gregor Gillespie vs. Kevin Lee
- Katlyn Chookagian vs. Jennifer Maia
- Andrei Arlovski vs. Jair Rozenstruik
- Julio Arce vs. Hakeem Dawodu
- Krzysztof Jotko vs. Edmen Shahbazyan
- Lyman Good vs. Chance Rencountre
- Makwan Amirkhani vs. Shane Burgos