KSW delivered yet another solid card last day when they rolled out KSW 44 at the Ergo Arena in Gdansk, Poland. The heavyweight fight in the main event saw a quick finish when Karol Bedorf submitted Mariusz Pudzianowski.
A missed takedown attempt from Pudzianowski is what turned around the fight as Bedorf capitalized and managed to secure a kimura for the win.
Elsewhere, in the co-main event, Michal Materla stopped Martin Zawada in the second round via TKO. Materla was in the back-foot early on after taking a few shots from Zawada but things turned when Materla landed a takedown.
Erko Jun and Kleber Koike also got their names in the winning column thanks to stoppage wins over Tomasz Oswiecinski and Marian Ziolkowski respectively.
Below are the complete results from the event:
- Karol Bedorf def. Mariusz Pudzianowski via submission (kimura) – Round 1, 1:51
- Michal Materla def. Martin Zawada via TKO (strikes) – Round 2, 2:59
- Erko Jun def. Tomasz Oswiecinski via knockout (punch) – Round 1, 2:26
- Kleber Koike Erbst def. Marian Ziolkowski via submission (armbar) – Round 1, 3:44
- Daniel Torres def. Filip Wolanski via split decision
- Gracjan Szadzinski def. Paul Redmond via knockout (punch) – Round 2, 1:36
- Wagner Prado def. Chris Fields via TKO (strikes) – Round 2, 2:17
- Lukasz Rajewski def. Leo Zulic via submission (heel hook) – Round 1, 1:48
- Sebastian Przybysz def. Dawid Gralka via knockout (strikes) – Round 1, 1:48