Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Legendary former middleweight champion Anderson Silva released by UFC

More from author

Fabricio Werdum reveals his secret to fighting into his 40s

Former UFC heavyweight champion of the world Fabricio Werdum has ventured into the next chapter of his life after signing with Professional Fighters League. The...

Ritu Phogat On Clash With Jomary Torres: I Am Fighting ‘For My Country’

Since debuting in ONE Championship last year, Ritu Phogat has steamrolled every opponent who’s stood in front of her. This Friday, 4 December, Phogat will attempt...

Jack Hermansson only interested in fighting Robert Whittaker and Paulo Costa

Jack Hermansson finally has an opponent for his fight this weekend taking place at the Apex in Las Vegas. He is fighting rising contender...

Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr sold 1.2 Million PPV buys

The heavily promoted boxing event featuring Roy Jones Jr and Mike Tyson sold a staggering 1.2 Million pay-per-views. The fight took place at the...
- Advertisement -

Former middleweight champion Anderson Silva has been released by the UFC. The Brazilian legend was a part of the UFC for nearly fourteen-years.

The UFC was first revealed by MMAFighting.com and later confirmed by multiple sources.

Anderson Silva had a legendary run in the UFC which consisted of a sixteen-fight winning streak. He made his MMA debut back in 1995 and made his UFC debut in 2006 with a knockout win over Chris Leben at UFC Fight Night 5.

Anderson Silva

Anderson Silva won the UFC title in just his second fight with the promotion. He defeated Rich Franklin via KO at UFC 64 in October 2006. He then went on to defend his title 10-times.

Anderson Silva last fought at UFC Vegas 12 earlier this month against Uriah Hall. He lost the fight via TKO in the fourth round. While he still had 1-fight left in his UFC contract, Anderson Silva went 1-7 in his last eight fights.

Following the event, Dana White suggested that this should be Silva’s last fight and stated that it would be disgusting that any commission would let him fight again. In fact, following his loss, UFC president Dana White went on to say that it would be disgusting if any promotion let him fight again.

Unfortunately, that is true. (It would be) disgusting that a commission would let him fight again,” Dana White said after UFC Vegas 12. “He is a grown man, he can do whatever he wants. I like and I respect the guy but I hope his family talks him out of it.”

I don’t know, I want to talk to him. I’m not going to do anything to hurt Anderson Silva, he is a grown man he can do whatever he wants to do,” he explained. “I can’t say I will release him from his contract but we will figure something out.”

Bellator isn’t interested in signing Anderson Silva either

UFC’s rival MMA promotion Bellator MMA, which has a long history of signing old UFC fighters isn’t interested in Anderson Silva either. Scott Coker said in a statement that the company won’t be signing him.

I have a lot of respect for him. He’s definitely one of the greatest fighters in the history of mixed martial arts,” Coker said. “I really haven’t thought about it, but I think I’m happy with the way our roster is heading and the fighters that we have now.”

What do you guys think is next for Anderson Silva?

 

If any content is used from this article, kindly backlink to this page.

If you like reading about sports, make sure you check out SportsIndiaShow.com
Also follow India’s biggest arm wrestling tournament at ProPanja.com

- Advertisement -
Legendary former middleweight champion Anderson Silva released by UFC - Anderson Silva

Related articles

- Advertisement - Legendary former middleweight champion Anderson Silva released by UFC - Anderson Silva