Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Conor McGregor reveals that he is still dedicated to the sport in spite of earning half a billion dollars

More from author

Arjan Bhullar interested in taking on “Buchecha” after Brandon Vera 

Indian freestyle wrestling superstar and mixed martial artist Arjan Bhullar has made it very clear, he’s fixated on upsetting Filipino-American heavyweight Brandon “The Truth”...

Curtis Blaydes wants more than $200K to fight Jon Jones

Jon Jones is currently in the lab putting on size to make his highly-anticipated Heavyweight debut sometime in 2021. And while UFC President, Dana...

Francis Ngannou expresses his interest in fighting ‘Rumble’ Johnson

Francis Ngannou is one of the scariest KO artists the UFC has ever seen.  The Cameroonian has superhuman knockout power and has demonstrated it...

Alistair Overeem expresses his vision on retirement and plans on one final run at UFC GOLD

Alistair Overeem has been a staple in the UFC for the best part of a decade now. For all the glory he has captured...
- Advertisement -

Conor McGregor says that he’s still committed even though he’s made about half a billion dollars in his career.

The Irish combat sports icon and former two-division UFC world champion has become one of the most transcendent figures in the sport and continues to be a massive draw among fans, whether it be in MMA or in boxing.

McGregor

While McGregor has been ‘retired’ since June, he has consistently found himself as the topic of discussion, whether it be regarding a boxing super-fight against Manny Pacquiao, a rematch for charity against Dustin Poirier or most recently, a viable contender to the UFC Lightweight Championship.

With reigning UFC Lightweight Champion Khabib Nurmagomedov announcing his retirement at the end of UFC 254 last weekend, the division will likely be crowning a new champion in the near future. The #4-ranked McGregor could be on a path back to the gold.

In an Instagram post, Conor McGregor showed that he’s continuing to put in the work in the gym and said that he remains committed, even though he’s likely set for life, financially speaking.

“Half a billi still committed,” McGregor posted, along with a photo of himself wearing training headgear and boxing gloves.

Whether it be in the ring or in the Octagon, when McGregor makes his return, he’s surely in for another big payday.

Conor McGregor has been banking seven figures per fight since 2016

Irish superstar Conor McGregor has never been shy when it comes to talking about his worth. The 32-year old former two-division UFC champion is arguably the sport’s biggest name today, and as of 2016, he has been raking in seven figures per fight.

McGregor

Considering that he started out with a base of just $8000 to show and $8000 dollars to win, Conor has come quite a long way. Earlier this year, TheSportsDaily.com published a story that detailed McGregor’s career earnings in the UFC and boxing. The biggest payday that Conor had ever gotten, however, was for his big-money bout against boxing superstar Floyd Mayweather Jr. in 2017.

Including his endorsements and businesses, it’s highly likely that Conor McGregor is the wealthiest MMA fighter in the world today.

All this, coupled with the success of his whiskey brand, Proper Twelve, means that the half a billion estimate doesn’t seem far-fetched at all.

Purchase the UFC merch here.

To bet on an MMA event click here and to bet on other sports, click here.

READ ALSO:

https://www.mmaindia.com/robert-whittaker-israel-adesanya-hard-fight/

If any content is used from this article, kindly backlink to this page.

If you like reading about sports, make sure you check out SportsIndiaShow.com
Also follow India’s biggest arm wrestling tournament at ProPanja.com

- Advertisement -
Conor McGregor reveals that he is still dedicated to the sport in spite of earning half a billion dollars - McGregor

Related articles

- Advertisement - Conor McGregor reveals that he is still dedicated to the sport in spite of earning half a billion dollars - McGregor