Last night’s episode of SmackDown LIVE aired from the Royal Farms Arena in Baltimore, MD. The event saw multiple Superstars qualify into the Money in the Bank ladder matches at the Money in the Bank pay-per-view.
The A-Lister Twists his Fate into a victory:
- The Miz def. WWE United States Champion Jeff Hardy via pinfall.
- With this match, The Miz qualified into the Money in the Bank ladder match.
- NOTE: Andrade “Cien” Almas will make his debut on Smackdown LIVE next week with Zelina Vega.
- Shinsuke Nakamura and AJ Styles were interviewed during the show in different backstage segments.
- Nakamura said that AJ Styles is nuts, but so is he. He then claimed that he and Styles are not done warring yet.
- AJ Styles admitted that he had to stoop to Shinsuke Nakamura’s level at Backlash but justified it by saying that the WWE Title was on the line. Styles concurred with Nakamura’s statement and said that they aren’t done.
The Queen’s journey to reclaim her throne begins:
- Charlotte Flair def. Peyton Royce via pinfall.
- This victory qualified Charlotte into the Women’s Money in the Bank ladder match.
Cesaro def. Xavier Woods via pinfall.
Rose shocks the LASS Kicker:
- Mandy Rose def. Becky Lynch via pinfall.
- Rose will join Charlotte Flair and Ember Moon at the Money in the Bank pay-per-view in the Women’s ladder match for the briefcase.
- It should be noted that Rose received a new theme song at SmackDown LIVE and seemed to have been repackaged mid-show.
RUSEV Day triumphs over the YES! Movement:
- Rusev def. Daniel Bryan via pinfall.
- Rusev will now join Braun Strowman, Finn Balor and the Miz as one of the contenders at the Money in the Bank pay-per-view in the ladder match for the briefcase.