Last night’s episode of SmackDown LIVE! aired from the American Airlines Center in Dallas, Texas. This episode will go down in history as the night where Daniel Bryan came out of retirement and back to the ring.
Here are some of the highlights from last night’s episode of SmackDown:
- General Manager Daniel Bryan opened up the show to a huge pop. Bryan said that he would address the situation with Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens later on the show. Bryan then addressed the groundbreaking news about his return to in-ring competition and cut an extremely emotional promo about his journey back to the ring. He also teased a match at WrestleMania at the end of the segment.
- Shinsuke Nakamura def. Rusev (via pinfall). AJ Styles was on commentary for this match. After the match, English and Rusev attacked Nakamura but he was able to clear the ring all by himself.
- Baron Corbin def. Tye Dillinger (via pinfall).
- Natalya def. Charlotte Flair (via pinfall). During the match, Carmella ran down to the ring in an attempt to cash-in her Money in the Bank contract but ended up taking a boot from Charlotte before she could do so.
- Luke Harper def. Jimmy Uso (via pinfall).
- Randy Orton, Bobby Roode and Jinder Mahal partook in a promo segment that ended with Sunil Singh eating an IEDDT from Orton and a Glorious DDT from Roode.
- Becky Lynch and Naomi def. Sarah Logan and Liv Morgan (via pinfall).
- Daniel Bryan came out to address the situation between Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn and Shane McMahon. Owens and Zayn patronized Bryan a lot during the segment. Bryan thanked them and went on to try and talk some sense into them about their actions from last week. Bryan ended up firing both Owens and Zayn temporarily as a punishment.
- Owens and Zayn attacked Bryan but he fired back and hit the duo with a German Supplex and his iconic “Yes” Kicks. The segment ended when Owens powerbomb-ed Bryan right on the apron.