Last night’s SmackDown LIVE aired from the KFC YUM! Center in Louisville, Kentucky. The main event of the match saw WWE Champion AJ Styles reunite with his friends, The Club and together they took on the team of Rusev Day and Shinsuke Nakamura.
The Most Anticipated Episode of The Miz TV:
- The Miz opened last night’s show with a Miz TV segment.
- The scheduled guest for the show was supposed to be Daniel Bryan but he was nowhere to be seen.
- Big Cass, the man who attacked Bryan last week, came out to the ring instead and suggested that he will be the new guest for tonight’s show.
- Cass and Miz took several shots at each other until they found a common ground and Cass ended up cutting a vicious promo on Bryan.
- Later it was revealed that Bryan was attacked backstage by Cass and therefore was unable to attend Miz TV.
An IIconic upset for the Lass Kicker and the Empress:
- Asuka came out to the ring for her debut match against the IIconic Duo alongside Becky Lynch.
- IIconic Duo def. Becky Lynch and Asuka
Jimmy Uso def. Erick Rowan after Naomi provided a distraction during the match.
The Queen and The Princess Sign For Battle:
- The contract signing between Carmella and Charlotte for the SmackDown Women’s Championship match at Backlash started with Carmella re-rolling a video package made for her championship victory.
- Charlotte interrupted and hence the signing began.
- Charlotte slammed the table on Carmella’s face and began a vicious assault on the champion.
The Maharaja, The Enigma and an upset Viper:
- Randy Orton faced Shelton Benjamin in a singles match.
- The duo put up a stellar match full of innovative offence and defence.
- United States Champion Jeff Hardy was on commentary for this match.
- Suddenly, a man with a Deadpool mask on attacked Jeff Hardy and ended up going to the ring.
- Orton got hold of the man and unmasked him and revealed him to be none other than Sunil Singh.
- Singh provided a distraction and Benjamin capitalized on Orton and stole the win.
Nakamura’s Villainy continuous:
- The Club and WWE Champion AJ Styles came out for their match against Shinsuke Nakamura and Rusev Day.
- Next, Aiden English introduced Rusev and as usual, the Bulgarian Brute was massively over.
- However, lights went out and the screen showed a band getting ready to perform.
- The music hit and out came Shinsuke Nakamura to a remixed version of his new theme song.
- Shinsuke Nakamura and Rusev Day def. AJ Styles and The Club
- After the match, Styles went off on Nakamura but the King of Strong Style once again ended things by hitting a low blow on Styles.
- Nakamura also hit a Kinshasha on Karl Anderson to end the show.