Last night’s post-WrestleMania 34 edition of Monday Night RAW aired live from the Smoothie King Center in New Orleans. This show focussed on the aftermath of the events of WrestleMania 34 and saw numerous debuts and shocking returns.
Here are some of the highlights from last night’s show:
Stephanie McMahon addresses Ronda Rousey’s victory:
- The show is opened by RAW Commissioner Stephanie McMahon who wore a sling on her arm.
- Stephanie praised Rousey for her performance last night and offered an allegiance.
- Rousey and McMahon hugged it out before Rousey put Stephanie into an armbar and laid her out in the ring.
Superstar Shake Up is announced for next week’s RAW and SmackDown LIVE.
RAW Women’s Champion Nia Jax and ??? vs Alexa Bliss and Mickie James:
- Alexa Bliss dissed Nia Jax and Nia told her to shut up repeatedly to a huge pop.
- Bliss claimed that Jax is a bully and that is the reason she didn’t have a partner for their match.
- Jax cut her off and introduced her partner…Ember Moon.
Nia Jax and Ember Moon vs Alexa Bliss and Mickie James:
- Ember Moon made her main roster debut in this match and received a huge pop.
- Nia Jax and Ember Moon def. Alexa Bliss and Mickie James after Moon hit the Eclipse on Bliss for the three count.
Braun Strowman And Nicholas reveal the fate of the RAW Tag Team Championships:
- RAW Tag Team Champions Braun Strowman and the ten-year-old kid Nicholas revealed to Kurt Angle that they have to relinquish the RAW Tag Team Championships since Nicholas has school to attend.
- However, Strowman claimed that once Nicholas is done with his school, they will be coming back for the tag titles.
- Nicholas ended the segment by saying that everyone will “get these hands”.
No Way Jose vs Local Competitor:
- NXT’s No Way Jose made his main roster debut after spending a long time in NXT.
- No Way Jose def. John Skyler via pinfall.
RAW Tag Team Eliminator Tournament is announced for the relinquished Tag Titles with the winners going on to face The Bar at the Greatest Royal Rumble in Saudi Arabia.
Tag Team Eliminator Match: The Revival def. The Club and advance to the next round.
Seth Rollins’ Grand Slam Celebration:
- Rollins came to the ring and claimed that after last night, Seth “Freaking” Rollins is back.
- He is interrupted by Finn Balor and the latter issued a challenge for the Intercontinental Championship.
- The Miz interrupted Balor and Rollins and announced his rematch at Backlash.
- The Miztourage threaten Balor and Rollins and have them outnumbered but a returning Jeff Hardy made the save.
Women’s Singles Match:
- Absolution’s Mandy Rose def. Sasha Banks after interference from Bayley
Paige Announces her Retirement:
- Former Divas Champion Paige announced her in-ring retirement in an emotional segment.
- She made a very emotional speech thanking various people in her life.
- She ended the segment by claiming that “this will always be her house” and left in tears after putting her t-shirt in the middle of the ring.
Bobby Lashley returns to the WWE.
- Elias came out and did his signature introductions.
- However, the Drifter was interrupted by a returning Bobby Lashley who destroyed Elias and left him laying in the ring
Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens on RAW?
- Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens made a visit to Kurt Angle’s office asking for a contract.
- Angle said that unfortunately they are full but TNA is hiring.
- After multiple requests made by Owens and Zayn, Angle announced a match between the two with the winner getting to join the red brand.
WAR is Peace, Authors of Pain debut on Monday Night RAW:
- Former tag team champions Authors of Pain made their debut on Monday Night RAW by squashing Heath Slater and Rhyno.
- After the match, Akam and Rezar seemingly ditched their manager, Paul Ellering and walked off.
Samoa Joe Returns:
- Roman Reigns came out to the ring to address the re-signing of Brock Lesnar and his upcoming match against him at the Greatest Royal Rumble event.
- However, Reigns was interrupted by a returning Samoa Joe who cut a vicious promo on him.
- Joe announced that at Backlash, he will be putting Roman Reigns to sleep.
Tag Team Eliminator Tournament Match: Matt Hardy and Bray Wyatt def. Titus Worldwide.
The battle for the Red Contract:
- Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn’s match ended in a no-contest when both men were unable to get back on their knees at the count of 10.
- The announcer revealed that neither Owens nor Zayn will be a part of RAW.
Six-Man Tag Main Event:
- Jeff Hardy, Finn Balor and Seth Rollins def. The Miz and Miztourage via pinfall.
- After the match, all three babyfaces hit their finishers on both the members of the Miztourage to close the show.