Undefeated flyweight prospect Muhammad Mokaev is all set to return to the octagon at UFC 286 at the O2 Arena in London on March 18. He will be taking on Jafel Filho.
At the March 18 fight card, which takes place at The O2 in London and airs on pay-per-view after prelims on ESPN and ESPN+, Mokaev (9-0 MMA, 3-0 UFC), an unbeaten 22-year-old prospect hoping to become the youngest champion in UFC history, will face off against Filho (14-2 MMA, 0-0 UFC).
The news was first reported by Brett Okamoto of ESPN.
Muhammad Mokaev (@muhammadmokaev) will indeed be in the Octagon at UFC 286 on March 18, after making a quick recovery from recent shoulder surgery. He’ll face Contender Series alum Jafel Filho (@JafelFilho). Looking to improve on his No. 14 ranking and to 3-0 UFC record. pic.twitter.com/QzPhCk2OJp
— Brett Okamoto (@bokamotoESPN) January 16, 2023
Through 33 professional and amateur battles, Mokaev has never lost. He has defeated all three of his opponents with ease so far in the octagon, demonstrating his absolute dominance. Although the competition hasn’t been of the highest calibre, Mokaev routinely calls out players who are considered to be among the best.
The 29-year-old Brazilian fighter Filho, a former contestant on Dana White’s Contenders who won his UFC contract in September with a third-round TKO victory, will try to break Mokaev’s winning streak.
Check out the full UFC 286 lineup:
- Leon Edwards vs. Kamaru Usman – for welterweight title
- Rafael Fiziev vs. Justin Gaethje
- Roman Dolidze vs. Marvin Vettori
- Gunnar Nelson vs. Daniel Rodriguez
- Luana Carolina vs. Joanne Wood
- Malcolm Gordon vs. Jake Hadley
- Jennifer Maia vs. Casey O’Neill
- Jai Herbert vs. Ludovit Klein
- Lerone Murphy vs. Nathaniel Wood
- Chris Duncan vs. Michal Figlak
- Veronica Macedo vs. Juliana Miller
- Jafel Filho vs. Muhammad Mokaev