Sunday, July 25, 2021

UFC News: Nate Diaz wins case against his former agent

More from author

- Advertisement -UFC News: Nate Diaz wins case against his former agent - Nate Diaz

The lawsuit filed against UFC superstar Nate Diaz has been dismissed by a federal judge in Texas. Diaz has been involved in a long running legal battle with his former manager and management firm, Ballengee Group. The court came to Diaz’s rescue this past Friday and dismissed the case by ruling that a lawsuit should not have been filed against Diaz in Texas because he hasn’t fought in the state. The news about the case being dismissed was first reported by TMZ.

 

UFC News: Nate Diaz wins case against his former agent - Nate Diaz

Diaz has a MMA record of 19-11 and last fought in the octagon at UFC 202. At UFC 202, Diaz had fought bitter rival, Conor McGregor and had lost the bout via unanimous decision. However, he had propelled himself to stardom by previously choking out McGregor at UFC 196 in the second round due to a rear-naked choke. He has a record of 3-2 in his last five fights and hasn’t fought in the octagon since losing his rematch with McGregor.

The Stockton native was previously signed with the Ballengee Group, though things soon turned sour and Diaz soon released the services of the company. The Ballengee Group are a high-profile sports representative firm with many notable clients from sports such as MMA, Baseball, Basketball, Golf, etc. The firm had quite famously helped Diaz negotiate his new contract with the UFC, which had helped him secure around $500,000 for UFC 196 and $2,000,000 for UFC 202. These were just the amounts which were disclosed and the actual amounts paid to Diaz were even more astronomical. The firm has claimed that Diaz released them without paying for their services after attorney Sam Away had allegedly interfered with their relationship.

The firm had filed a lawsuit against Diaz seeking over $1 million in damages. However, U.S. district judge Jane J. Doyle has dismissed the case. Here’s what Diaz’s attorney, Jeremiah Reynolds told TMZ about the ruling:

“The Court ruled the case should have not have been filed in Texas because Nate has not fought in Texas and dismissed the case.”

Here’s what the Ballengee Group’s attorney told MMA Junkie:

“My clients are going to pursue this case, It’s not over, and we’re going to refile.”

Even though the case has been dismissed, Diaz’s legal troubles still don’t look to be over.

 

 

 

 

ALSO READ:

UFC: Colby Covington unleashes on Mike Perry after Orlando loss

https://www.mmaindia.com/ufc-darren-till-apparently-worried-light-heavyweight-title/

If any content is used from this article, kindly backlink to this page.

If you like reading about sports, make sure you check out SportsIndiaShow.com
Also follow India’s biggest arm wrestling tournament at ProPanja.com

- Advertisement -Online betting site Betway
Online betting site Betway
- Advertisement -
spot_img
UFC News: Nate Diaz wins case against his former agent - Nate Diaz

Related articles