The UFC Fight Night on ESPN+ 5 card in London, England is shaping up pretty well.
Earlier this month, the card finalised it’s main and co-main event featuring four top welterweights. The UFC had a pre-fight conference for the same with few fighters on the card. The conference however had a surprisingly familiar face in former Cage Warriors bantamweight champion Nathaniel Wood. Obviously there for a reason, Wood himself announced that he would take on the TUF Latin America Season 1 semifinalist Jose Quinonez.
For someone having a nickname ‘The Prospect’, Wood has certainly paid justice to it being 2-0 under the UFC banner. In what would be a quick turnaround, after a fantastic win at UFC 232, Wood would love to make it three in a row. Wood, predominantly a striker, is coming of two submission victories over Johnny Eduardo and Andre Ewell. (via Twitter):
"The Prospect" will return to action at UFC Fight Night 147 in London.
He'll face Jose Quinonez in a bantamweight bout.
— The Body Lock (@thebodylockmma) January 30, 2019
Quinonez on the other hand, will have to enter enemy territory. Quinonez is riding a pretty impressive four-fight winning streak, his last one being against Teruto Ishihara at UFC 221 almost a year ago in February 2018.
The latest UFC on ESPN+ 5 lineup now includes:
- Jorge Masvidal vs. Darren Till
- Leon Edwards vs. Gunnar Nelson
- Volkan Oezdemir vs. Dominick Reyes
- Danny Roberts vs. Claudio Silva
- Priscila Cachoeira vs. Molly McCann
- Jack Marshman vs. John Phillips
- Tom Breese vs. Cezar Ferreira
- Saparbeg Safarov vs. Gokhan Saki
- Arnold Allen vs. Jordan Rinaldi
- Jose Quinonez vs. Nathaniel Wood
- Mike Grundy vs. Nad Narimani
- Danny Henry vs. Dan Ige