Rising UFC Lightweight Paddy Pimblett will be back in action in December, as the UFC has officially added his name to the undercard of UFC 282, where he will be taking on Jared Gordon for his fourth fight for the promotion.
“Paddy Pimblett will face Jared Gordon at UFC 282 on December 10” tweeted Sun Sport’s Chisanga Malata, “A step-up in competition for The Baddy. Thoughts on the matchup folks?”
Paddy Pimblett will face Jared Gordon at at UFC 282 on December 10.
A step-up in opponent for The Baddy.
Thoughts on the match-up, folks? pic.twitter.com/G6tcABaDZp
— Chisanga Malata (@Chisanga_Malata) October 22, 2022
This will be Pimblett’s first appearance on a numbered UFC event. His three Octagon appearances in the past were part of UFC Vegas 36 in September last year and the two UFC London events March and July, having defeated Luigi Vendramini, Rodrigo Vargas and Jordan Leavitt respectively.
This time, ‘The Baddy’ will be meeting Jared Gordon, a former CFFC Featherweight Champion, in a lightweight bout on the 10th December card at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, headlined by the much awaited rematch between UFC Light Heavyweight champion Jiri Prochazka and Glover Teixeira.
Gordon is coming off of a unanimous decision victory over Leonardo Santos at UFC 278 on 20th August, marking the fourth win of his last five fights. He and Pimblett have been in talks over a fight for over a year, which has now finally materialized.
UFC 282 Fight Card (updated):
- Jiri Prochazka vs. Glover Teixeira – UFC Light Heavyweight Title
- Jan Blachowicz vs. Magomed Ankalaev
- Robbie Lawler vs. Santiago Ponzinibbio
- Alexander Gustafsson vs. Ovince Saint Preux
- Chris Daukaus vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik
- Joaquin Buckley vs. Chris Curtis
- Dricus Du Plessis vs. Darren Till
- Dalcha Lungiambula vs. Edmen Shahbazyan
- Alexander Hernandez vs. Billy Quarantillo
- TJ Brown vs. Erik Perez
- Daniel da Silva vs. Vinicius Salvador
- Ronnie Lawrence vs. Cameron Saaiman
- Jared Gordon vs. Paddy Pimblett
Purchase the UFC merch here.
Click to Predict here.