Paulie Malignaggi shoots down rumours of a Conor McGregor fight

188 0

Pauli Malignaggi and Conor McGregor have beef that goes back almost two years. McGregor had bought Pauli to help him prepare for his fight against five-division world champion Floyd Mayweather back in 2016.

However, a leaked video from was circulated about their sparring and it completely went viral. In the video, McGregor had apparently dropped Malignaggi and the boxer alleged that the Irishmen only released bits of their sparring session video.

Since then there have been talks about Malignaggi and McGregor squaring off against each other in a boxing match, but it has never come into fruition. Earlier this week there were again rumours spiralling about the duo fighting in a boxing match.

But the former boxing champion said in an interview to Express sports that this was simply not true.

Not true,” Malignaggi told Express Sport of these rumours. “But of course, Conor is the king of bulls**t so I would not be surprised if this Conor having his team put out rumours just to keep his name in the headlines.

Malignaggi also discussed McGregor’s recent call for an exhibition bout with Japanese kickboxer Tenshin Nasukawa.

Yesterday [Tuesday], Tenshin Nasukawa shut him down by telling him he needs to make 58 kilos for a fight,” Malignaggi said. “Now suddenly, the next day, he is [in] another headline negotiating?

Do you guys want to see this fight?

ALSO READ:

Bruce Buffer: DC should retire on top instead of risking third fight with Jones

Related Post

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *