The Professional Fighting League (PFL) formerly the World Series of Fighting (WSOF) has proven to be a factory of elite fighters for the UFC. Their products Lightweight champion Justin Gaethje, bantamweight champion Marlon Moraes and middleweight and light heavyweight champion David Branch are causing some serious waves in their respective divisions.
In January 2018, PFL announced that they are launching their inaugural season on June 7 and what better location could have been to kick off season 1 than Madison Square Garden in New York City. The event was headlined by former WSOF featherweight champion Andre Harrison and Jumabieke Tuerxun. Former UFC Fighters in Francimar Barroso, Jack May, Steven Siler, Alex Nicholson, Jared Rosholt and Lance Palmer were also seen.
PFL 1 results included:
MAIN CARD (NBCSN, 9 p.m. ET)
- Andre Harrison def. Jumabieke Tuerxun via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-26)
- Lance Palmer def. Bekbulat Magomedov via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 2, 3:21
- Timur Valiev def. Max Coga via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
- Alex Nicholson def. Jake Heun via knockout (flying knee) – Round 2, 0:58
- Jack May def. Josh Copeland via TKO (strikes) – Round 1, 4:30 (post-lim)
- Jared Rosholt def. Valdrin Istrefi via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Nazareno Malegarie def. Marcos Galvao via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28
- Kelvin Tiller def. Caio Alencar via knockout (punch) – Round 1, 3:34
- Steven Siler def. Magomed Idrisov via submission (triangle choke) – Round 1, 4:19
- Alexandre Almeida def. Lee Coville via submission (armbar) – Round 1, 1:22
- Francimar Barosso def. Daniel Gallemore via TKO (injury) – Round 1, 3:57