Saturday, July 31, 2021

Rafael Dos Anjos offers to fight Conor McGregor at UFC 264 on July 10

More from author

- Advertisement -Rafael Dos Anjos offers to fight Conor McGregor at UFC 264 on July 10 - Anjos

Former Lightweight champion and UFC veteran Rafael Dos Anjos called out Conor McGregor and wants to fight him, as they were once scheduled for a fight that never took place.

Just a few days back, Poirier (27-6 MMA, 19-5 UFC) went public with the information that McGregor (22-5 MMA, 10-3 UFC) had not delivered on his commitment to donate $500,000 to The Good Fight Foundation. That irked the Irishman, who said he did not receive a detailed plan on what Poirier intended to do with the money, despite previously acknowledging that it would be used to build a gym in Louisiana to offer free training to area youth.

Reaction: Is Dustin Poirier vs. Conor McGregor 3 in jeopardy after donation squabble? - MMA Fighting

The situation only intensified from there. After McGregor’s manager, Audie Attar of Paradigm Sports, clashed with Poirier on Twitter early Monday morning, “The Notorious” snapped back by announcing he was no longer interested in the July 10 trilogy fight. He slightly flip-flopped on that threat, then openly accused Poirier of stealing from his charity and said he would be “f*cked” when he’s eventually caught.

It remains to be seen whether the plug actually will be pulled on the UFC 264 headliner, but if not, there appears to be some serious bad blood going into the third encounter between the lightweight contenders, a severe contrast to the goodwill that had been built up between them leading up to the rematch won by Poirier.

Rafael Dos Anjos now wants to fight Mcgregor on July 10

Rafael Dos Anjos Has Reinvented Himself | UFC

After McGregor and Poirier had a back-and-forth on social media due to the failed payment from McGregor’s to Poirier’s charity. Following the heated exchange, the Irishman claimed the fight was off and he would be facing someone else. Many fighters put their name in the mix and one of them was Dos Anjos.

“Not a batter time than now! Everyone else is booked, let’s go! July 10th @danawhite @seanshelby @ufc,” dos Anjos tweeted.

It shouldn’t be a surprise that dos Anjos was calling for the fight given he and McGregor have history. They were supposed to fight at UFC 196 for the Brazilians lightweight title, but dos Anjos was forced out of the scrap due to an injury.

It's official! Conor McGregor to fight Rafael dos Anjos for lightweight title in Las Vegas

After RDA pulled out, he was replaced with Nate Diaz and the Stockton, native and McGregor had their rematch. To make matters worse for dos Anjos was the fact he lost his belt to Eddie Alvarez who went on to have the superfight with McGregor, so the Brazilian is hoping they finally fight on July 10.

Rafael dos Anjos is coming off a decision win over Paul Felder. The fight marked his move back to lightweight after going 4-4 at welterweight but dropped four of his last five. Conor McGregor, meanwhile, is coming off the TKO loss to Dustin Poirier at UFC 257.

Purchase the UFC merch here.

Click to Predict here.

If any content is used from this article, kindly backlink to this page.

If you like reading about sports, make sure you check out SportsIndiaShow.com
Also follow India’s biggest arm wrestling tournament at ProPanja.com

- Advertisement -Online betting site Betway
Online betting site Betway
- Advertisement -
spot_img
Rafael Dos Anjos offers to fight Conor McGregor at UFC 264 on July 10 - Anjos

Related articles