Tuesday, September 29, 2020

UFC News: Ramiz Brahimaj pulled from UFC event after cornerman tests positive for COVID-19

More from author

UFC News: Amanda Nunes and Nina Ansaroff welcome baby girl!

UFC double champ Amanda Nunes and strawweight contender Nina Ansaroff may have accomplished something which no championship could ever match for, a beautiful baby...

UFC News: Robbie Lawler vs. Mike Perry booked for UFC 255 on November 21

A welterweight slugfest to UFC 255 as former welterweight champion Robbie Lawler will take on fan-favorite Mike Perry on November 21. UFC 255 will likely...

UFC News: Dana White praises ‘absolutely special’ Khamzat Chimaev, says he has never seen anything like him

UFC Vegas 11 featured a much-anticipated fight as highly regarded prospect Khamzat Chimaev took on an extremely experienced Gerald Meerschaert. The fight was like a...

UFC News: Israel Adesanya says Paulo Costa is the dirtiest fighter in MMA

UFC 253 will feature an epic barn burner as undefeated middleweight champion Israel Adesanya takes on undefeated challenger Paulo Costa. Costa is known for his...
- Advertisement -UFC - GYM

The preliminary card of UFC on ESPN 12 featured a welterweight bout as debutant Ramiz Brahimaj was scheduled to take on veteran Takashi Sato.

However unfortunately Brahimaj has been pulled out of the bout as one of his cornerman has tested positive for COVID-19. He will be replaced by fellow UFC newcomer Jason Witt.

Ramiz Brahimaj

The UFC released a statement an official statement confirming the same.

“Due to a positive COVID-19 test result from one of his cornermen, Ramiz Brahimaj has been removed from his bout against Takashi Sato”, announced the UFC.

“Replacing Brahimaj will be UFC newcomer Jason Witt, pending medical clearance including a COVID-19 test. As a result, the commission has agreed to weigh in Witt separately and he will not participate in tomorrow’s official weigh-ins and faceoffs.”

Apparently Brahimaj hasn’t been the only one!

MMA through UFC became the first sport in the world to return after the COVID-19 pandemic. The premium organization of the sport hosted three cards starting from May 9 within a span of only a week.

The UFC suffered the first major blow in it’s first event itself as veteran Jacare Souza tested positive for COVID-19. The UFC hence updated their protocols to make proceedings more stringent.

Middleweight Ian Heinisch was scheduled to fight at UFC 250 earlier this month. He was pulled out of the fight as well after one of his cornerman was tested positive. However his cornerman was retested awhich came out to be negative, thus keeping the fight intact. Lightweight Matt Frevola was scheduled to fight Frank Camacho last weekend. However he was pulled from the fight after cornerman and UFC featherweight Billy Quarantillo tested positive.

Recently in an interview, UFC President Dana White revealed that he has been planning for a second lockdown as a ‘worst case scenario’.

“Four months ago, I could have told you anything about this business. Where we were going, what was going to happen. I don’t know now,” White said during a UFC on ESPN 11 press day. “So all I do is sit around and strategize and plan. I’m planning for a second shutdown, that it will happen again. I’m always thinking about the worst.”

If any content is used from this article, kindly backlink to this page.

If you like reading about sports, make sure you check out SportsIndiaShow.com
Also follow India’s biggest arm wrestling tournament at ProPanja.com

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement - UFC - Replica Championship Belt

Related articles

- Advertisement - UFC News: Ramiz Brahimaj pulled from UFC event after cornerman tests positive for COVID-19 - Brahimaj