Saturday, December 4, 2021
0,00 ₹

No products in the cart.

UFC: Reason why Jose Aldo isn’t headlining ESPN+ 2 in Brazil

More from author

- Advertisement -

UFC will make it’s visit for the first time in 2019 to it’s second home of Brazil with an electrifying card as #3 ranked bantamweight Raphael Assuncao (27-5 MMA, 11-2 UFC) will take on #4 ranked Marlon Moraes (21-5-1 MMA, 3-1 UFC) in a rematch.

ESPN
UFC: Reason why Jose Aldo isn’t headlining ESPN+ 2 in Brazil

The co-main event however is no different as former UFC featherweight champion José Aldo will take on another Brazilian Renato Moicano. José Aldo without a doubt is considered not only one of the best featherweights but also one of the best fighters to ever step inside the octagon. Keeping his brand in mind, fans and including UFC President Dana White had José Aldo headlining the event. Speaking with a bunch of reporters, White explained the exact reason of Aldo being the co-main event.

“I agree 100 percent (Aldo should be the main event),” White told reporters. “(Aldo) wanted to be the co-main event. He didn’t want to fight five rounds – he wanted three. … That should be the main event, five rounds – that should be the fight. But he said, ‘I want a three-round fight,’ and you don’t say no to Jose Aldo.”

With Aldo having more experience going five rounds, the exact reason of him choosing three cannot be exactly explained. Aldo managed to get things back on track in his last fight against a dangerous Jeremy Stephens in July last year.

Read also:

UFC: Saki vs Safarov also added to UFC London after Oezdemir vs Reyes

If any content is used from this article, kindly backlink to this page.

If you like reading about sports, make sure you check out SportsIndiaShow.com
Also follow India’s biggest arm wrestling tournament at ProPanja.com

- Advertisement -Online betting site Betway
- Advertisement -
Online betting site Betway
spot_img

Related articles