Indian MMA star Ritu Phogat is back on the Atomweight Grand Prix and she will be taking on Meng Bo on September 3 at the Singapore Indoor Stadium.
Ritu Phogat was supposed to fight Meng Bo earlier this year in May, but the fight got cancelled after Ritu took on Bi Nguyen at ONE Championship: Dangal on May 15 and lost via a close split decision.
Ritu Phogat then made her comeback after defeating Heqin Lin at ONE Championship: Battleground on July 30. It was an impressive victory for the Indian as she ended Lin’s 11-fight winning streak.
What type of diets does Ritu Phogat maintain?
Ritu Phogat has been training hard ahead of her fight against Meng Bo and in an exclusive statement to the press, she revealed the type of diet she has maintained heading into this fight.
“To prepare for my next fight, I have been training twice a day, 6 days a week. My diet includes daal, roti and vegetables, along with fruits and nuts & almond milk. I occasionally enjoy halwa and laddoos as well. Under Armour has continued to play an important role in encouraging me to be physically and mentally prepared, as it is important to stay focused and has helped me in pushing my boundaries while training, achieving new highs,” Ritu Phogat said.
ONE: EMPOWER – FIGHT CARD
- Xiong Jing Nan (c) vs. Michelle Nicolini – ONE Women’s Strawweight title
- Denice Zamboanga vs. Seo Hee Ham – ONE Atomweight Grand Prix quarter-final
- Stamp Fairtex vs. Alyona Rassohyna – ONE Atomweight Grand Prix quarter-final
- Meng Bo vs. Ritu Phogat – ONE Atomweight Grand Prix quarter-final
- Itsuki Hirata vs. Alyse Anderson – ONE Atomweight Grand Prix
- Anissa Meksen vs. Cristina Morales – ONE Super Series Kickboxing
- Jackie Buntan vs. Daniela Lopez – ONE Super Series Muay Thai
- Mei Yamaguchi vs. Julie Mezabarba – ONE Atomweight Grand Prix alternate bout
- Grace Cleveland vs. Bi Nguyen or Jenelyn Olsim – ONE Atomweight Grand Prix alternate bout