The headliner of Rizin FF 10 saw a quick nine-second stoppage as Kyogi Horiguchi secured the fastest victory of his career by knocking out former UFC star Ian McCall.
A left hook from Horiguchi did the job and with the win, Horiguchi improved his record to 25-2. Horiguchi interestingly has not suffered a defeat since 2015 when he has suffered a submission defeat to current UFC Flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson. As for McCall, this is his second straight defeat after leaving UFC and third straight defeat as a whole.
— FITE (@FiteTV) May 6, 2018
Prior to the quick stoppage against Horiguchi, McCall had suffered another first-round defeat in Rizin FF against Manel Kape.
After the fight, Horiguchi thanked McCall for the fight.
“Thank you very much Ian for taking the fight. He came forward, and I aimed for the counter. That’s it,” he said. (Via MMA Junkie)
Asakura gets the win
Elsewhere, in the co-main event of the night, Kanna Asakura got the better of Melissa Sophia Karagianis via unanimous decision.
Immediately after the win, Asakura was confronted by Rena Kubota who had lost to Asakura back in the grand-Prix tournament final a few months back. In other results, Yasuke Yachi got the better of former UFC star Diego Nunes via a split decision. Kai Asakura, Ayaka Hamasaki, Ante Delija were the other major winners of the fight night.
Below are the complete results of the fight night.
- Kyoji Horiguchi def. Ian McCall via knockout (punches) – Round 1, 0:09
- Kanna Asakura def. Melissa Sophia Karagianis via unanimous decision
- Yusuke Yachi def. Diego Nunes via split decision
- Daron Cruickshank def. Kochi Matsumoto via knockout (head kick) – Round 1, 3:54
- Kai Asakura def. Manel Kape via split decision
- Ayaka Hamasaki def. Alyssa Garcia via unanimous decision
- Ante Delija def. Ricardo Prasel via unanimous decision
- Jairzinho Rozenstruik def. Andrey Kovalev via split decision
- Kanako Murata def. Lanchana Green via submission (anaconda choke) – Round 1, 4:30