Last year, after a long wait of 14 years, Tito Ortiz finally got his revenge as he knocked out his longtime rival Chuck Liddell in the first round of their fight at the Forum in Los Angeles.
This fight was a trilogy promoted by Golden Boy’s Oscar De La Hoya of Chuck and Tito’s classic fights which took place back in 2004 and 2006. Both of which were won by Chuck Liddell.
Now, Ortiz is looking forward to settling his score with Chael Sonnen. Although he already holds a submission win over Sonnen at Bellator 170 which took place last year.
“I’m still gonna stay retired, and I’m gonna smash Chael,” Ortiz told TMZ. “I’m not gonna choke him, I’m not gonna submit him, I’m gonna smash him. I’ll put a show on for every one of the fans. That’s what I’m gonna do.”
Hey stupid, @titoortiz straight up. Do you want to fight or not?
— Chael Sonnen (@ChaelSonnen) January 7, 2019
.@ChaelSonnen You said you would get back to me in 6 months and it’s only been 6 days since the new year! Lol Looks like I’m going to stomp a bigger hole in your face. No submission this time. 🤡 smashing time! Let’s fight winner take all? You’re going down! https://t.co/WUtBxcflH1
— Tito Ortiz (@titoortiz) January 7, 2019
Ortiz also suggested the fight will happen for Bellator MMA.
“I’ve never fought at Madison Square Gardens, so possibly Madison Square Gardens [sic]. That’ll be the first thing. I’d like to just add to my repertoire of being able to go to Madison Square Gardens and fight, where the greatest have fought. People like Ali, people like Frazier, people like Foreman. Just to do something great for mixed martial arts, at the expense of Chael Sonnen.”