UFC 229 which was headlined by Irish superstar Conor McGregor and Russian MMA star Khabib Nurmagomedov at the T-Mobile Arena back in October 2018 was the biggest fight to ever take place in UFC.
The fight sold close to 2.4 Million PPV buys and generated a gate of over ₹121 Crore rupees. The fight was won by Khabib Nurmagomedov as he submitted McGregor in the fourth round.
However, the fight apart from generating huge revenue for UFC has also generated huge revenue for the city of Las Vegas. According to a press release by UFC, the fight generated a record ₹615 Crore. The study was conducted by research firm Applied Analysis.
Here’s the full detail revealed by the UFC:
- ₹615 Crore total economic output
- ₹121 Crore total salaries and wages paid
- 414 jobs supported in Southern Nevada
- ₹23.33 Crore total taxes paid by visitors
- 40% of UFC 229 visitors traveled from international locations
- 50% of attendees were between the ages of 21 to 34
- 50% of attendees reported an annual household income of ₹71.6 Lakhs or more
- One in five attendees stayed in Las Vegas for at least five days
- Nearly two in five attendees reported spending more than ₹1.42 Lakhs on non-gaming activities
Las Vegas is known as the gambling city of the United States and also known as the fight capital of the world. The biggest boxing and MMA stars like Canelo Alvarez, Conor McGregor, Floyd Mayweather etc have fought here numerous times and generated huge money through their fights.