The UFC makes a triumphant return this coming weekend with a stacked UFC 249 card featuring an interim lightweight title bout between Tony Ferguson and Justin Gaethje, plus Henry Cejudo defends the UFC bantamweight title against former champion Dominick Cruz.
With a combined 17 post-fight performance bonuses, Ferguson and Gaethje have thrilled fans like no other duo over the last several years, defeating the likes of Donald Cerrone, Anthony Pettis and Edson Barboza. And now with a title on the line, expect to see the best from the best as these top contenders collide in a five-round bout to air live on pay-per-view.
In the co-main event live from VyStar Veterans Memorial Arena in Jacksonville, Florida, former world champion Dominick Cruz makes his long-awaited return to the Octagon to challenge Henry Cejudo for the UFC bantamweight crown.
UFC 249 will witness heavyweight power as Francis Ngannou squares off with Jairzinho Rozenstruik, welterweight action heroes Vicente Luque and Niko Price in a potential show stealer, and a rematch between veteran superstars Anthony “Showtime” Pettis and Donald “Cowboy” Cerrone.
- Please see the attached media kit and event materials to assist in your coverage of UFC 249. If you would like any other fighter bios or information, please let me know.
- On this coming Wednesday, May 6 starting at 5am Shanghai time, a conference call will be held with the main and co-main event fighters of UFC 249. You are invited to participate. The information and call in details can be found in the UFC 249 event materials pdf.
- UFC 249 Virtual Media Day will take place on the evening of Thursday, May 7. To ensure your spot, please register TODAY to attend at this UFC 249 Virtual Media Day WebEx Invite.
- Please note: There will be no ceremonial weigh-in for UFC 249: Ferguson vs. Gaethje on Friday, May 8. Portions of the official weigh-in, currently scheduled for EST, will be taped and posted to UFC.com and FIGHT PASS later the same day. Live updates can be found on UFC social channels during the weigh-in window.
UFC Fight Night: Smith vs Teixeira
Quick upon the heels of UFC 249, the next event takes place on May 14 (Asia time) with UFC Fight Night: Smith vs Teixeira. In the main event of the Thursday morning event, it’s a clash of light heavyweight contenders, as #3 ranked Anthony Smith faces off with #8 ranked Glover Teixeira. In the co-main event, Ovince Saint Preux makes his heavyweight debut against Ben Rothwell.
Also made official are the following bouts:
- Alex Hernandez vs Drew Dober
- Ricky Simon vs Ray Borg
- Karl Roberson vs Marvin Vettori
- Andrei Arlovski vs Philipe Lins
- Michael Johnson vs Thiago Moises
- Sijara Eubanks vs Sarah Moras
- Hunter Azure vs Brian Kelleher
Please see the attached image for Anthony Smith versus Glover Teixeira.
For regular updates, follow the event page: https://www.ufc.com/event/ufc-
UFC Fight Night: Overeem vs Harris
Three days later, on May 17 (Asia time), the Octagon will play host to the heavyweight showdown between #9 Walt Harris and #8 Alistair Overeem, as well as the strawweight matchup between #6 Claudia Gadelha and Angela Hill.
A battle of the bantamweight rankers will see surging Chinese sensation #13 Song Yadong meet Brazil’s thrilling #14 Marlon Vera.
Also set for that night will be the following bouts:
- #15 Dan Ige vs #11 Edson Barboza
- Eryk Anders vs Krzysztof Jotko
- Anthony Hernandez vs Kevin Holland
- Mike Davis vs Giga Chikadze
- Cortney Casey vs Mara Romero Borella
- Darren Elkins vs Nate Landwehr
- Rodrigo Nascimento vs Don’Tale Mayes
- UFC Fight Night Perth
Due to current state and national restrictions on public gatherings and travel, UFC 251 originally scheduled for Perth, Western Australia on Sunday, June 7 has been postponed. UFC looks forward to returning to Perth in the near future with a PPV event in partnership with Tourism Western Australia.
- UFC 249
May 10 (Asia time)
Jacksonville, Florida, USA
Main Card (10am, Shanghai)
- Interim lightweight title: Tony Ferguson vs Justin Gaethje
- Bantamweight title: Henry Cejudo vs Dominick Cruz
- Heavyweight: #2 Francis Ngannou vs #6 Jairzinho Rozenstruik
- Featherweight: #7 Jeremy Stephens vs #9 Calvin Kattar
- Heavyweight: Greg Hardy vs Yorgan De Castro
Preliminary Card (8am, Shanghai)
- Welterweight: #15 Anthony Pettis vs #6 Donald Cerrone
- Heavyweight: #12 Aleksei Oleinik vs Fabricio Werdum
- Strawweight: #7 Carla Esparza vs #8 Michelle Waterson
- Middleweight: #10 Uriah Hall vs #14 Ronaldo Souza
Early Prelims (6:30am, Shanghai)
- Welterweight: #13 Vicente Luque vs Niko Price
- Featherweight: Bryce Mitchell vs Charles Rosa
- Light heavyweight: Ryan Spann vs Sam Alvey