Wednesday, September 23, 2020

UFC: Colby Covington has Georges St-Pierre as a Plan B if the Tyron Woodley fight does not happen

More from author

UFC News: Dana White praises ‘absolutely special’ Khamzat Chimaev, says he has never seen anything like him

UFC Vegas 11 featured a much-anticipated fight as highly regarded prospect Khamzat Chimaev took on an extremely experienced Gerald Meerschaert. The fight was like a...

UFC News: Israel Adesanya says Paulo Costa is the dirtiest fighter in MMA

UFC 253 will feature an epic barn burner as undefeated middleweight champion Israel Adesanya takes on undefeated challenger Paulo Costa. Costa is known for his...

UFC News: Ben Askren has some advice for Leon Edwards!

Former UFC welterweight and former ONE FC and Bellator champion Ben Askren had some advice for #3 ranked contender, Leon Edwards. Normally a fighter will...

UFC News: Paulo Costa receives a visit from USADA ahead of UFC 253

UFC 253 will feature an epic barn burner as undefeated challenger Paulo Costa will challenge for the middleweight title against undefeated champion Israel Adesanya. While...
- Advertisement -UFC - GYM

Colby ‘Chaos’ Covington defeated former lightweight champion Rafael Dos Anjos to become the UFC interim welterweight champion. Grabbing the interim belt cements Covington next in the line for the undisputed belt.

UFC: Colby Covington has Georges St-Pierre as a Plan B if the Tyron Woodley fight does not happen - Georges St-Pierre
(Pc- Twitter)

However a couple of days ago, #2 ranked welterweight contender, undefeated Darren Till claimed that he was offered the title shot against Woodley as Covington was injured.

Covington quickly cleared the air saying he has certain health issues to be taken care of and the Woodley fight is on for late 2018 particularly for the New York card in November.

‘The Choas’ however has his timeline sorted and has a plan B if the Woodley fight does not happen.

“If Tyron Woodley gets cold feet, which I think he will, deep down inside he knows what I used to do to him, he knows I took his soul at American Top Team. So, if he gets cold feet and he backs out, then I guess the perfect storyline that make sense for the pay-per-view is Toronto against that little syrup sucker (Georges St-Pierre),” Covington continued.

“He’s been seeing aliens, he’s been doing all kinds of things. Who knows what’s going on in that guy’s head. But he has expressed interest in wanting another fight, so if TyQuil can’t come together and get his grip together to sign a contract, then I guess I’m going after GSP in Canada.”

Former welterweight and middleweight champ Georges St-Pierre last fought at UFC 217 in November last year when he defeated Michael Bisping to become the middleweight champion. There were rumours of a possible fight between St-Pierre and Nate Diaz at 155 pounds at UFC 227. However the fight obviously will not happen. St-Pierre has not fought since then.

Read also:

UFC: Dana White says Nate Diaz vs Georges St-Pierre at 155 pounds in the works for UFC 227

UFC: Georges St-Pierre says the Nick Diaz fight is ‘not worth it’, opens up about future plans

If any content is used from this article, kindly backlink to this page.

If you like reading about sports, make sure you check out SportsIndiaShow.com
Also follow India’s biggest arm wrestling tournament at ProPanja.com

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement - UFC - Replica Championship Belt

Related articles

- Advertisement - UFC: Colby Covington has Georges St-Pierre as a Plan B if the Tyron Woodley fight does not happen - Georges St-Pierre