Dana White’s Tuesday night Contender Series Week 3 wrapped off with two more fighters getting the contract.
One of them being heavy favourite and former women’s bantamweight title challenger Valentina Shevchenko’s sister, Antonina Shevchenko. Shevchenko won the fight via second round TKO courtesy of barrage of knees. She will join her younger sister Valentina in the promotion, making them the first sister duo in UFC history.
“We were training so hard for this fight to have this opportunity to sign with the UFC,” Shevchenko said. “I’m glad to get this win. I saw she didn’t want the Thai clinch (in the first round), so in the second round I knew what to do.”
In addition, featherweight Te Edwards got a contract after a 28-second one-punch knockout and heavyweight Josh Parisian earned himself a spot on ‘The Ultimate Fighter’ with a spinning backfist KO. It was the first time in the short Dana White’s Contender Series’ history that a women’s bout was the main event.
Official Dana White’s Contender Series 11 results include:
- Antonina Shevchenko def. Jaimee Nievera via TKO (knees) – Round 2, 3:22
- Te Edwards def. Austin Tweedy via knockout (punch) – Round 1, 0:28
- Josh Parisian def. Greg Rebello via TKO (punches) – Round 1, 1:31
- Julian Erosa def. Jamall Emmers via knockout (kick) – Round 2, 1:10
- Jordan Williams def. Tim Caron via TKO (elbows) – Round 3, 3:37