Tuesday, October 20, 2020

UFC: Donald Cerrone doesn’t feel the loss hurt his brand, says he will fight until UFC says ‘enough, bro’

More from author

Former UFC fighter Zelim Imadaev praises Chechen teen who beheaded teacher in France

Former UFC fighter Zelim Imadaev praised the Chechen teen who brutally beheaded a teacher in France last week. The 18-year-old Abdullah Anzarov was shot dead...

UFC News: Junior Dos Santos vs. Ciryl Gane in the works according to Dana White

A heavyweight barn burner may be headed our way in the near future as undefeated prospect Ciryl Gane is expected to take on former...

ONE FC atomweight champion Angela Lee won’t be stripped of her title because of pregnancy

A fight between ONE FC atomweight champion Angela Lee and undefeated Dennis Zamboanga has always been discussed amongst the MMA community. However, that took a...

UFC News: Conor McGregor claims he has accepted a fight against Dustin Poirier, targets November return!

The cursed 2020 might as well end with a bang for MMA fans as Conor McGregor reveals that he has accepted a fight against...
- Advertisement -

UFC Fight Night 132 in Singapore featured an interesting welterweight main event as veteran Donald Cerrone took on upcoming prospect Leon Edwards.

UFC: Donald Cerrone doesn’t feel the loss hurt his brand, says he will fight until UFC says 'enough, bro' - Donald Cerrone
(PC- Twitter)

In a back and forth battle, Cerrone suffered a unanimous decision loss to Edwards. The loss marks Cerrone’s fourth in his last five fights. Prior to this downfall he has never even lost back-to-back fights. However with his back against the wall Cowboy, 35, doesn’t feel the loss hurt his brand in any significant manner.

“I don’t think I lost any stock,” Cerrone told reporters at the UFC Fight Night 132 post-fight press conference. “I love my job more than any of you can ever imagine. I love getting in there and fighting, so winning and losing is part of this game. Of course it sucks. I only got half my check, but hey, I had fun. I really did. I had a good time.”

Cowboy gave all the respect to Edwards for getting the job done however he is looking up to future and has no intention of hanging up his gloves as of now.

“He went out there and got the unanimous decision, five rounds, good for him,” Cerrone said. “Congratulations. I’m still looking to fight two more times this year, so if there’s anybody out there looking to fight ‘Cowboy,’ the old dog, give me a call and we can set this up.”

“I’m going to go until UFC says, ”’Cowboy,’ enough, bro. Enough, enough, enough,’” Cerrone said. “(I want to fight) at least five more years, definitely. At least. Until the UFC says, ‘No more.’”

“I’m home on the first bird,” Cerrone said. “My wife’s having a baby, man. It’s time to get home. She’s holding it, we’re going to have a C-section as soon as I get home. He’s nine-and-a-half pounds right now. Literally I land, we go to the hospital, and here he comes.”

Read also:

UFC : Leon Edwards praises ‘legend’ Donald Cerrone, wants to fight Jorge Masvidal in Birmingham

https://www.mmaindia.com/ufc-singapore-cerrone-vs-edwards-live-results-play-play-updates/

If any content is used from this article, kindly backlink to this page.

If you like reading about sports, make sure you check out SportsIndiaShow.com
Also follow India’s biggest arm wrestling tournament at ProPanja.com

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Related articles

- Advertisement -UFC: Donald Cerrone doesn’t feel the loss hurt his brand, says he will fight until UFC says 'enough, bro' - Donald Cerrone