At UFC Fight Night 194, Rising women’s strawweight Marina Rodriguez defeated Mackenzie Dern via unanimous decision. The women’s strawweight bout was the UFC Fight Night 194 main event at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas. It streamed on ESPN+. The fight was a back and forth contest but it was Marina Rodriguez who was dominant in all aspects of the game and was always ahead in this fight. The fight was between two of the top women’s rising fighters in the strawweight division. Marina is known for her striking whereas Mackenzie is a world-famous grappling sensation. The fight was an intriguing matchup between a striker and grappler.
The fight was full of twists and turns but most of the time it was Rodriguez who was winning most of the exchanges. The first round of the fight was a dominant one for Marina Rodriguez who put on a striking show on Dern. The second round had some moments for Dern who tried her best to turn things around on the ground. Rodriguez was in trouble but managed to survive the second round.
Round three was a competitive round for both sides. In round 4 Mackenzie Dern tried her very best to lock up some submissions but wasn’t able to do some things. She was in a top position and was trying out different submissions but couldn’t make anything out of it. Round five was again a domain one for Marina Rodriguez as she punched her way in towards the victory. she secured the last round by landing more effective strikes than her opponent.
After the final round ended the fight went to the judges and they awarded to fight to Marina Rodriguez with a 49-46, 49-46, 49-46 scorecard. After getting the victory Marina Rodriguez went on to talk about her fighting future and mentioned Joanna and Yan Xiaonan’s names. It will be interesting to see who UFC sets her up next to fight.
UFC Fight Night 194 results:
- Marina Rodriguez def. Mackenzie Dern via unanimous decision (49-46, 49-46, 49-46)
- Randy Brown def. Jared Gooden via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Matheus Nicolau def. Tim Elliott via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Mariya Agapova def. Sabina Mazo via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 3, 0:53
- Chris Gutierrez def. Felipe Colares via split decision (28-29, 30-27, 30-27)
- Alexandr Romanov def. Jared Vanderaa via TKO (strikes) – Round 2, 4:43
- Damon Jackson def. Charles Rosa via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-27, 30-27)
- Loopy Godinez def. Silvana Gomez Juarez via submission (armbar) – Round 1, 4:14
- Steve Garcia def. Charlie Ontiveros via TKO (strikes) – Round 2, 1:51
- Marina Rodriguez defeats Mackenzie Dern via decision
Purchase the UFC merch here.
Click to Predict here.