For the first time in UFC® history, the promotion travels to Busan, South Korea and brings with it a highly anticipated featherweight main event as No. 2-ranked contender Brian Ortega travels abroad in hopes of upsetting hometown hero and No. 6-ranked contender “The Korean Zombie” Chan Sung Jung. UFC® FIGHT NIGHT: ORTEGA vs. THE KOREAN ZOMBIE takes place Saturday, December 21, at the Sajik Arena.
At the official press conference today in Seoul, it was announced that tickets for UFC® FIGHT NIGHT: ORTEGA vs. THE KOREAN ZOMBIE are now on sale to the public. Tickets are available for purchase online at Auction Ticket, ticket.auction.co.kr.
One of the biggest fan favorites on the roster, former title challenger Jung (15-5, fighting out of Seoul, South Korea) owns dominant first-round KO wins over Renato Moicano, Dennis Bermudez, and Mark Hominick. Now, Jung aims to re-insert himself into the championship conversation by taking out top-ranked Ortega (14-1 1NC, fighting out of Los Angeles, Calif., USA).
Additional bouts on the card include:
- No.4 flyweight contender Alexandre Pantoja (21-3, fighting out of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil) faces No. 10 ranked Matt Schnell (13-4, fighting out of Shreveport, LA., USA)
- No.7 ranked light heavyweight Volkan Oezdemir (16-4, fighting out of Fribourg, Switzerland) takes on No. 10 Aleksandar Rakic (12-1, fighting out of Vienna, Austria)
- Seoul’s own Junyong Park (10-3, fighting out of Seoul, South Korea) will step into the Octagon against Canadian Marc-Andre Barriault (11-2, fighting out of Quebec City, Que., Canada) in a three round middleweight bout
- South Korean light heavyweight Da-un Jung (11-2, fighting out of Daegu, South Korea) is set to face Mike Rodriguez (10-4, South Easton, Mass., USA)
- Venezuela’s Veronica Macedo (6-3-1, fighting out of Poznan, Poland by way of Caracas, Venezuela) will take on Amanda Lemos (6-1-1, fighting out of Para, Brazil) in a women’s strawweight bout
- “The Korean Superboy” Dooho Choi (14-3, fighting out of Daegu, South Korea) returns on home soil to face Charles “Air” Jourdain (9-2, fighting out of Longueuil, Quebec, Canada) at featherweight
- Ji Yeon “Firefist” Kim (9-2-2, fighting out of Incheon, South Korea) will make her sixth walk to the Octagon in her home country as she takes on Sabina “Columbian Queen” Mazo (7-1, fighting out of Medellin, Columbia) at flyweight