Tom Aspinall put on a dominant performance in his first-ever main event headliner against Alexander Volkov at UFC London. Aspinall dominated the fight right from the beginning as he landed a three punch combination which rocked Volkov early on. Aspinall then followed up with a takedown and landed some brutal ground and pound. While Volkov was able to get back on his feet, it didn’t last long as he got taken down again and this time, Aspinall was able to submit the 6’7 Russian.
Tom Aspinall called out Tai Tuivasa during the post-fight octagon interview with Michael Bisping.
UFC London MAIN CARD: Aspinall vs Volkov
- Main Event – Heavyweight: Alexander Volkov vs. Tom Aspinall
- Co-Main Event – Featherweight: Arnold Allen defeated Dan Hooker via TKO, Round 1 – 2:33
- Lightweight: Paddy Pimblett defeated Kazula Vargas via submission (rear-naked choke), Round 1 – 3:49
- Welterweight: Gunnar Nelson defeated Takashi Sato via unanimous decision (30-26, 30-26, 30-26)
- Women’s Flyweight: Molly McCann defeated Luana Carolina via KO, Round 3 – via KO (spinning elbow) – Round 3, 1:52
- Lightweight: Ilia Topuria defeated Jai Herbert knockout (punch) – Round 2, 1:07
- Makwan Amirkhani def. Mike Grundy by technical submission (anaconda choke) at :57 of round 1
- Sergei Pavlovich def. Shamil Abdurakhimov by TKO (punches) at 4:03 of round 1
- Paul Craig def. Nikita Krylov by submission (triangle choke) at 3:57 of round 1
- Jack Shore def. Timur Valiev by unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-27)
- Elise Reed def. Cory McKenna by split decision (27-30, 29-28, 29-28)
- Muhammad Mokaev def. Cody Durden by submission (guillotine choke) at :58 of round 1