Wednesday, June 3, 2020

UFC News: Cory Sandhagen claims UFC San Diego showdown against Dominick Cruz not happening

More from author

Dana White: Jon Jones can retire if he wants to; has made enough money!

On Sunday, UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones sent out a tweet stating that he will be relinquishing his title. The move came after a...

Watch: UFC Middleweight champion Israel Adesanya rouses the crowd at a Black Lives Matter rally in NZ!

UFC middleweight champion Israel Adesanya addressed a Black Lives Matter rally in Auckland outside the US embassy. The rally was in support of 46-year old...

Classy Floyd Mayweather to fund countrywide funeral services for George Floyd

Former five-division world champion Floyd Mayweather will pay for the funeral services of George Floyd. Last week, Floyd, a 46-year old African-American male was a...

Triple H: Conor McGregor vs Vince McMahon in WWE will be a match made in heaven!

WWE legend and current Executive Vice President of Global Talent Strategy & Development for WWE Triple H is interested in acquiring the services of...
Jay Rock
Jay Rockhttp://mmaindia.com
MMA, Boxing, NBA, Cricket, Betting
- Advertisement - UFC News: Cory Sandhagen claims UFC San Diego showdown against Dominick Cruz not happening - UFC San Diego

Cory Sandhagen is still without a fight. He was initially supposed to fight Dominick Cruz at UFC San Diego on May 16. However, now it looks like he won’t be fighting Cruz next as according to him the former champion hasn’t accepted the offer.

Cory was supposed to fight in January at UFC Raleigh against Frankie Edgar, but the former lightweight champion opted in for a short notice fight against the Korean Zombie.

Cory Sandhagen, UFC San Diego and Dominick Cruz

“I’m not too big on saying things outside the power of what I actually know to be true. What I know to be true is that he asked to fight in San Diego and I’ve been asking for a fight from any of the three guys ahead of him, Yan, Moraes, Aljamain. But then I heard that Cruz was looking for a fight, so I’m like oh perfect,” Sandhagen said to TSN’s Aaron Bronsteter. “I thought that Aljamain’s hand was a little bit hurt and I wanted to get something in May at the latest.

“So, I think the UFC was on board with making that fight and then I guess from what I understand, Cruz also asked to be on that San Diego card and then I guess changed his mind and didn’t want to fight on the card,” he continued. “You can interpret that however you like but that is the information I got. I don’t think that I am fighting, that is what I’m saying.”

“There is an opponent we are likely going to do,” he said. “I don’t know how much I can talk about it yet. It’s probably your second guess from Dominick Cruz.”

UFC San Diego Fight Card:

Middleweight Punahele Soriano vs. Anthony Hernandez

Women’s Flyweight Ariane Lipski vs. Luana Carolina

Women’s Flyweight Cortney Casey vs. Lara Procopio

 

Who do you guys think will Cory Sandhagen fight?

ALSO READ:

Cory Sandhagen removed from UFC Raleigh; hopes for fight against Marlon Moraes or Dominick Cruz in early 2020

 

If any content is used from this article, kindly backlink to this page.

If you like reading about sports, make sure you check out SportsIndiaShow.com
Also follow India’s biggest arm wrestling tournament at ProPanja.com

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisement - UFC News: Cory Sandhagen claims UFC San Diego showdown against Dominick Cruz not happening - UFC San Diego

Related articles