Wednesday, June 3, 2020

UFC News: Jorge Masvidal claims to have agreed to Kamaru Usman fight

More from author

Exclusive: Surbala ‘Warrior Princess’ Laishram: I want to become UFC Champion one day!

MMA India Show had the opportunity to chat with rising MMA star Surbala Laishram. One of the major success stories in Indian MMA is that...

Kamaru Usman believes he would sh*g Conor McGregor if they fought

The former UFC featherweight and lightweight champion Conor McGregor has been talking about fighting at least once or twice more before this year ends...

Wanderlei Silva claims he has agreed to fight Mike Tyson for $10 Million

The former legendary boxing world heavyweight champion Iron Mike Tyson even in his retirement is still one of the most feared and scary people...

Joe Rogan feels his $100 Million Spotify move seems too good to be true

Popular UFC colour commentator Joe Rogan who is also a major stand-up comedian and podcast host is taking his world-renowned The Joe Rogan Experience...
- Advertisement - UFC News: Jorge Masvidal claims to have agreed to Kamaru Usman fight - Jorge Masvidal

The main event fight of UFC 249 between the current UFC lightweight champion Khabib The Eagle Nurmagomedov and the former interim UFC lightweight champion Tony El Cucuy Ferguson is on the brink of being canceled because the champion Nurmagomedov is unable to compete due to Russian borders being locked down because of the ongoing global Coronavirus pandemic. The UFC is now looking for a replacement and the BMF champion Jorge Masvidal who had previously made himself available has now revealed that he has instead accepted a fight against the current UFC welterweight champion Kamaru The Nigerian Nightmare Usman.

UFC News: Jorge Masvidal claims to have agreed to Kamaru Usman fight - Jorge Masvidal

Masvidal recently took to Twitter to reveal that he has accepted a fight against Usman. Here’s what he had to say:

Second time I say yes to the crotch sniffing champ, second time he has a date #theresurrection

You can check Masvidal’s tweet out down below:

The UFC is still desperately trying to host UFC 249 and they do need a main event fighter to replace Nurmagomedov who pulled out earlier this week. Here’s what Nurmagomedov w=had to say over an Instagram Live session while breaking out the news to his fans, “The UFC told us that the fight 100% isn’t happening in the States and they said that 99% that it will happen in Emirates, Abu Dhabi. After talking to the UFC we decided to fly over to the Emirates a month before the fight. I don’t remember the exact date, it was 19th or 20th, I’ll have to check. But when we landed in Emirates we learned that they are going to close borders and no one will be able to leave or fly in, with the exception of residents. So we had to fly back to Russia. Currently, I am in Dagestan and I am training and preparing every day. Although I don’t know what am I preparing for because after we came to Russia we also learned that the borders are going to be locked. Same as in the States, the same as in Europe, Emirates, everywhere. The whole world is in quarantine right now. So now I am hearing that they are looking to organize it with or without me. OK, go ahead. Everyone should follow the laws. I am not against it, I know that fighters need to feed their families and pay their bills. I know how hard it is for the fighter.”

The former WSOF lightweight champion Justin Gaethje is now being touted to replace the Russian.

 

 

 

ALSO READ:

UFC News: LHW contender Anthony Smith reveals which current UFC commentator and former fighter is responsible for his broadcasting career

If any content is used from this article, kindly backlink to this page.

If you like reading about sports, make sure you check out SportsIndiaShow.com
Also follow India’s biggest arm wrestling tournament at ProPanja.com

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisement - UFC News: Jorge Masvidal claims to have agreed to Kamaru Usman fight - Jorge Masvidal

Related articles